GoKunming Forums

Chinese silver panda coins in Kunming

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Behind the corner of Jin Bi Road and Beijing Road is a small road called Wu Jing Road. There you will find a large post office across the street from a large fish market. The post office has reputable dealers who sell banknotes, coins and silver Pandas. At present each Panda is 255 RMB. BTW, the fish market is one of the largest in Kunming. - The 2013 Pandas are now available.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

2015 Pandas are now 155 RMB - Time to buy as the silver market is intentionally being manipulated.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Edit: wasn't really useful post what I wrote before. I have no clue what a silver panda coin will sell for in 2016, but I bet they're shiny and pretty to look at.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

It is not about resale value unless one is a coin collector - then the value is determined by how many were minted.

The purpose of a Silver Panda or Silver Eagle or a silver coin from any country is for the 1 ounce of silver - which varies according to market price.

faraday (213 posts) • 0

Is HFCAMPOS tip about wujing road still valid, and can gold coins be found there?

And, can foreign coins be had there? In particular, there have been some. 9999 issues (Canada, I think).

Apart from the silver value, there are 2 other "values" associated with coins = the nominal face value (10-20% of the price), which I guess can be seen as an insurance in case alchemy turns out to be true, and the collector value. Collector value is 0 upwards, but pandas traditionally go up in value, the older they are, after about the 5th year. Special coins may go up more, for example I had a few with princess Di which became sought after.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Most people buy silver NOW as a means to save or barter without FIAT money for a rainy day or when SHTF.

In the event of an economic collapse and you need food, most people will not give a rats ass as to the collector value of a coin - they will trade for the market price of silver.

As a collector, I will never sell a Gold Eagle for the price of 1 ounce of gold. This is how the rich steal from the poor in times of desperation. When a person has no money and needs to eat they will be forced to sell those precious coins and only receive the market value of gold or silver.

The post office is still there and they still sell Silver Pandas as well as some Gold Coins. I have not seen any foreign coins there at any time.

ksmcqueen (96 posts) • 0

So I went by and got some silver pandas for 160 each. Thanks, good tip. Here's a stupid question though: say the price of silver goes up and I want to sell these things. How do I do that? Who buys silver coins?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

If you try to sell - you will find it is just like the exchange rate - you lose when you buy and you lose when you sell.

The purpose of buying silver is for when SHTF - at that point - all people will recognize the value of a pure ounce of silver and you can trade with it.

Right now silver is so low - it is lower than the price of manufacturing it.

This is being done intentionally. For those who keep track, did you notice when you withdrew money from the ATM, you got a better deal with US dollars. Does that mean the dollar is stronger? no! - again it is intentiaonally being manipulated.

To answer your question, you can sell your Pandas at the same location, just be prepared to receive Less or they will simple just refuse because they will say they have too many anayway.

Now if you wait until the price goes up to 400 each, which it did 2 years ago, then you can make a profit.

I buy silver as an investment to hold on, not resell.

Related forum threads

Login to post