GoKunming Forums

Attention GRE test takers!!

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

For anyone who is taking the GRE tomorrow, be sure that the address you're going to is correct - it will be held at 云南大学外语学院, which is located at 一二一大街182, directly across from the big electronics store. If you walk through the main gate I believe it's the first building ahead on your left.

I mention this because the address I was originally sent for the test was totally incorrect (the test is NOT being held at 52 Cuihu Beilu) so I don't want anyone else to go there incorrectly. :)

Good luck!

Alcond (8 posts) • 0

Hi Bird... How long will you have to wait before the results of your GRE Exam are posted? Can you give us a few brief tips on the best way to prepare for it?

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

Hi Alcond...well, it will be a while before I know the results because all scores in China were canceled that day due to a massive screw up in test administration: chronicle.com/article/Cancellation-of-GRE-Scores/125316/. So we all have to retake the test this coming Saturday. (Oh, how I LOATHE ETS right now.)

Usually test results are available by phone around 1 month later (for an extra fee) and are posted by mail 6 weeks after the test date. To prepare, I bought a test prep book (Kaplan) when I was in the US last year - I thought this was a good enough way to prepare.

ggmandy (7 posts) • 0

I took the GRE exam this June in Kunming. Luckily not this Oct, so I don't have to do it again. I think the best way to prepare for it is just practice; do as many practice question sets as you can, and you would see improvents. Good Luck!

Related forum threads

Login to post