GoKunming Forums

Salary in Yunnan

Britta (12 posts) • 0

Hi All,

Before moving to Yunnan, I'd like to find out the living standard there.

a. how much you earn working as a bartender?
b. rent seems pretty cheap over there, 500rmb to 1000 for a share one?

Awaiting your reply!

Regards,

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I haven't seen any foreigners tending bar unless they were owners or had another kind if interest in the place. Chinese labor is generally too cheap to hire foreigners. Regarding apartments the 500-1000 estimate for shared seems about right but you can get your own place for 800-1500 depending on your standards. If you are not here beware of the classifieds on this site regarding places to live. The rent-a-room stuff seems legit but most of the times the people who advertise apartments for rent try pitching them for 20-30 percent more than they are worth. Be aware that if you want to rent you usually have to sign a one year contract AND you have to pay a year in advance. Sometimes you can get away with paying 6 months at a time but it's rare.

Britta (12 posts) • 0

Hi Danmairen....(Danish teaching English?)

Thanks a lot for your reply.

6 month~1 year contract sounds normal though I think I'd be looking for something with shorter lease term, just in case I couldn't find a decent job to support myself.

In fact I'm Chinese and right now taking a gap year from college. Been working in an Italian/Taiwanese company since this summer began. Salary in here is good (at least compared to Yunnan, I suppose), but I'm just getting sick of big cities and industrial life.

OK thanks again and I will try to figure it out! x

Britta (12 posts) • 0

All I want, a clean and tidy place to stay in...enough money for me to eat and save up a bit every month so that I can afford a ticket home...

Britta (12 posts) • 0

crap... forgot to mention drinking. I've been to Yunnan before and I know that bars in Lijiang cost as much as Shenzhen's (which seems a bit outrageous to me since the salary is pretty low over there)...

ariesdove (2 posts) • 0

are you in Kunming right now ? I need a bartender on Chrismas Eve. If you are interested,please leave message or add my wechat: ariesdove

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

salaries seem to be quite low here, as far as I can tell. But I am certainly no expert on salaries for Chinese bartenders.

Related forum threads

Login to post