GoKunming Forums

Chinese people don't act like civilized humans..

gaoxing (63 posts) • 0

Rude - Chewing with your mouths wide open like cattle, pushing and cutting ahead in lines, spitting everywhere, never apologizing when you are in the wrong, never saying thank you, literally screaming on your cell phone in public

Inconsiderate - Letting your children piss and sh*t on the sidewalk, making shoddy products and passing them off as quality, completely disregarding any traffic laws, using bad oil in your food, throwing garbage everywhere

backward - censoring the internet, making someone go all the way to their hometown just to get a passport or visa, continuing to teach hatred towards the Japanese, the constant need to pay with cash everywhere

prejudice - thinking everyone with a white face is rich and wants to buy your stolen computer or fake iphone on the street, charging anyone with a white face more than one without, an unfounded fear and resent towards black people

sophisticate (11 posts) • 0

That was a pretty lame response, no way. Actually, what gaoxing wrote is true. Texans do have their own negative points but, what gaoxing wrote does not apply to them for the most part.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I'm Chinese and I hate that also. I guess the problem is we tend to see 75% of the ugly in things and less than 25% of the good. On another note - y'all gotta remember China is about 70% rural/uneducated. I wonder if we can get government grants to teach etiquette to future generations - it starts at home...lie a little and tell people that good manners helps people get better jobs and better pay...

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Of course...if you live near some of the welfare-ish projects in any city in the USA - you'll get to experience that and more - muggings, murder, rape, drug dealers, daily violent domestic disputes, unsanitary uncouths - and they've got guns (with bullets)...America's drug consumption causes problems for everyone - funds terrorists...

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

",,lie a little and tell people that good manners helps people get better jobs and better pay.."

I'm kinda sad to see a Chinese write that since it implies that good manners do NOT help people get better jobs and (hence) better pay in China.

For once Gaoxing had some good points (he was due I guess) but we often tend to forget that there are so many people in China and it's a minority that acts all nong. We just notice the lao dao on the phone, the guy who seems to cough up his entire mucus lining before he spits or the couple that argue loudly in the street because they are, well, loud and stand out. After a while you'll start to ignore most of the nonginess. Right now the thing that annoys me the most is the insane amount of people that the drivers let into the bus. Why just give everybody an uncomfortable journey when you can make sure that everyone gets an EXTREMELY uncomfortable one by squeezing in 10 more after all?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I can't stand when they use there hands as handkerchiefs. The senior citizens are a joke too. They don't even say 'thank you' when you give them your seat. They expect it and often push you to get to the seat, just like a 'ghetto' person with no class. I've always been told to respect my elders but it's really hard to do here in China with most of the 'Ai Xin Card' holders being so rude.

Just my 2 pennies.

Grassshopper (12 posts) • 0

First of all who is rude, inconsiderate, backward and prejudice? Just the Chinese? It seems to me that all of the above is part of the human condition. Even then that is all predicated on one's own values and beliefs mixed with whatever fucked up social and cultural upbringing.

Furthermore, this gaoxing character pretty much embodies rude, inconsiderate, backward and prejudice. Sounds like missionaries here to teach the "barbarians" about what is right and wrong. Lest the laowai forget....you are all guests in China. Don't for one minute think that you have any right to embed yourselves into another culture (very much like a parasite or cancer) and preach about your cleanliness of soul and righteousness. A quote from that funny little black book to ponder :"Who shall cast the first stone?" Anyway, if you don't like China then go away. Problem solved (for you that is).

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.