GoKunming Forums

How can I get English Language Television TV T.V. ?

psycho (19 posts) • 0

Has anyone had a good experience with the satellitetv-china mentioned by Jack Chen on June 15th? I'm just now getting around to buying/ordering one for hubby. Any new info out there?

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Before you buy into a satellite system for KM, make absolutely sure that KM is within the advertised satellite's coverage, otherwise you'll have bought infinitely many channels of snow and white noise a la JJ a few years back, when his satellite provider switched satellites (shortly after he got his dish installed) and he couldn't get his money back (agents vs dealing with the nefarious satellite company).

caveat emptor (buyer beware).

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Kunming cable now offers more channels in English. With there basic package you only get channel 68 which is cctv english news. Sometimes in evening 6, 15 and 20 have english movies often times dubbed in chinese. For extra you can get channel 165 and 170 which have a mix of chinese and english movies, but more often they seem to be english. Channels 101 and 137 have english movies late at night. Channel 169 is NBA most of time and they offer live games daily. 168 and 172 have variety of english shows often times nature based. As part of basic service they also have on demand movies both free and for purchase. Also have have tv shows in both chinese and english.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

i have netflix, but i use my brothers address in the states. Have to use my VPN to log in or tells me i am not in there service area.

ChineseStan (2 posts) • 0

my uktvaccess account works great with windows 8 and my new android tablet :) so amazing ! great gadgets these tablets ... even faster than my new computer!!!!

expatshield is a headache, full of adds, drives me crazy. I am asking to all the expatshield fans, now why would you have that terrible service just to have something free! when it isn't really free if it is stealing your peace of mind and what is -if you can afford of course- 4 pounds a month ? anyway up to you of course .. I like a headache free smooth service :)

good day to all!

CaeruleusCaeruleus (51 posts) • 0

If anyone use interested still (I know it is a long time since this thread died) I have put together a list of mainland online TV webpages in English to make it easier for people to get access to any English language shows that they want.

www.caerulean.org/[...]

Related forum threads

Login to post