GoKunming Forums

Beware US Consulate Chengdu

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Don't know why Left-Wing Radicals try to insert their political opinions into everything! My original complaints had to do with the bureaucratic bumblers which have become permanent fixtures in many government agencies.

By the way - - my original problems and complaints occurred under a Democratic administration!

Perhaps we should do away with State Department all together and let the military run that system.

Cheers - - JJ

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

JJ - was wondering where you disappeared to...Apologies for hijacking your thread - but the state dept and their wacko policies, fees, and alleged logic as to why we have to pay these usurious fees - well I can only swallow so much manure before I gotta puke it all out...

I fervently support the Gun Lobby...only PAC I've ever donated money to.

As for replacing the State Department - replacing it with military command MAY work (SNAFU?), but I'd much rather we fix our government somehow. Problem is the democrats invented entitlement programs, creating generations of lazy expletives that vote for these morons in order to maintain that steady stream of free government (aka yours and my tax dollars) cash. Also - the military is made up of today's men & women - I'd venture to guess today's military is vastly different from the military you remember (perhaps?) - although the bureaucratic nonsense still abounds.

The USA was based upon the mistaken precept that people have basic pride in themselves, take responsibility for their actions, and work together for a better and brighter future. Our politicians have intentionally corrupted our society to effectively buy votes.

Your (and others) most regrettable experiences with the Consulate cum US State Dept clearly demonstrate how deep the rot of corruption has flowed, both in the callous arrogant abrasive indifferent negligent apathetic thieving attitude of alleged government "servants" and in their obscene methods of collecting revenues through the Visa slot machine. I know we have a trade imbalance - but this isn't the way to fix it. As others have noted, the USA is clearly discriminatory towards Chinese and Asian nationals, as demonstrated in their visa practices.

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

well, i guess, Japanese, singaporean, hongkonger, taiwanese.......are Asian. the mainland chinese should look straight into the mirror, the answer may just be there. :-)

blueice (73 posts) • 0

I don't think anything has improved.

A student I know got denied there last week while his classmate applied through Shanghai and was approved on the first try.

I think it's still better to go through BJ or SH and save yourself the $ and abuse.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Not sure how it works for US consulate, but for the UK consular services, if you are a PRC citizen you have to go to the consulate assigned to your city of residence (HuKouBu). If your designated consulate is Chengdu then you cannot go to another city.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

tigertiger,

Good point. That's also the rule for the Canadian consulates, so Kunming residents would need to deal with the consulate in Chongqing.

However, I do know of Kunming residents who have gone to Beijing for American visas, so perhaps the American system doesn't work the same way.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The type of visa may be a factor.

It needs looking into certainly, before people pop off to other cities and fail to save time or money.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

My chinese wife of 6 months had no problems getting a visitor visa 2 weeks ago at Chengdu. Her stepdaughter also had no difficulty getting her student visa last summer. I had them both very well prepared with all the proper paperwork lined up and i did mock interviews with them so they would not be intimidated when they got to the consulate. My wife said everyone interviewed at same time as her were being denied because they did not seem to be confident when giving answers.

Related forum threads

Login to post