GoKunming Forums

Beware US Consulate Chengdu

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

JJ, interesting angle you have with the fraud thing. I think what they had in mind with that was fraud on the part of the applicant and not with the government or it's agents.

I applaud your efforts but I think Bucko hit the nail on the head. The game is rigged in their favor and it would be difficult to get the politicians to care about the matter because quite frankly, the expat community isn't a very large constituency, most people back home wouldn't even leave the States once, in their entire lives let alone visiting an embassy/consulate to sponsor someone for a visa.

Anyway, good luck to you, I'm sure you have all of our support.

God bless our Vets

Cheers~

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

JJ, Wow! You are an amazing guy! I have been reading your post here and I really admire what you are doing. My wife is chinese and I always thought it would easy to take her back to the states just to visit not stay. After reading what you have been through, I think that I will have to wait a lifetime for this to happen. I hope that things will change not only in your favor but for all who try to 'do the right thing'. Good Luck!

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

High JJ and Janice; Should you have not already thought of it, a link to this Forum in your correspondence may be useful to indicate that you're not alone.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

JJ
FYI - my former admin in Beijing also had this problem shortly after she got married and was supposed to go visit the new in-laws. She also had to apply TWICE in Beijing - first time denied for same stupid reason - they accused her of wanting to stay in the USA. Theoretically - the trick is either to use an immigration/VISA attorney or just go thru the double application technique - but skip the highly berated Chengdu consulate.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

FLASH!! Most US Consulate officials think that many (most?) Americans living in China are bums!!

Well JJ, It would be a stretch to argue that point.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The Constitution of the USA guarantees equality regardless of bum status! But seems it only applies to US citizens - citizens of other countries aren't privy to the luxuries of the American way. That was kind of a surprise.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Of course, am getting standard run-around. I am preparing a News Release about entire fraudulent situation. I waited till now so I could write it in a rational way - - instead of an angry way (altho anger still there)>

Cheers - - JJ

Related forum threads

Login to post