GoKunming Forums

2 week rental in BANGKOK?

aleiksangdela (1 post) • 0

Hello!
I am traveling with my husband to Bangkok in a couple weeks and I want to know....

Is there any really incredible 2 week rental you have stayed at that is a REALLY good deal?? We have to go because he needs surgery on his eye - Sooo with surgery and needing to stay for a long time, money is very tight!

I've heard of many guesthouses that offer semi long term stays - Any suggestions??

Thank you!!!!

If you know of any other really good on the cheap tips, let me know! It is a bit sad to be traveling to bangkok under these circumstances so I am hoping to make the best of it!!!

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

I usually stay at suk 11 on sukhumvit soi 11. The web address is www.suk11.com. It's not the cheapest place, but reasonable and it's only a few sois down from Bumangrad Hospital if that is where you are getting medical work done. They may give you a small discount for a two week stay. I did remember seeing a YMCA/YWCA hostel near Sukhumvit Soi 26 maybe (near the Emporium) on the south side of Sukhumvit which would probably be cheap accomodation.

Airport tip: If you have the hotel address in Thai, print it out before you leave. Then, when you arrive at the airport, go to the departure level (you will arrive at the arrival level) and catch a taxi there. It will save you the airport taxi fee and may save you time because you won't have to queue. However, note that there is someone to help you on the arrival level to communicate with the taxi driver, but you're on your own if you take a taxi from the departure level.

Do not exchange money at the airport. Try to bring some baht with you to Bangkok for the taxi and then exchange money in town (you can ask your hotel or just walk around and compare the different exchange rates posted by the different banks).

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

If "money is tight" I'm wondering if a Chinese hospital was ever considered - there are some good ones - especially if ex-pats are involved. With just two weeks to go, I guess it's a mute point now.

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

My post may come a bit late since I just saw your post now, but for future reference, stay at one of the many hotel apartments that with signs in English and/or Thai as follows: Daily/Weekly/Monthly รายวัน/รายสัปดาห์/รายเดือน since they offer the best rates. Hotels away from the city are better value and may offer something similar.

If you want to save money stay away from touristy places such as Sukhumwit (with Sois numbering 40 or less) or Rajdamri etc. as they are expensive. Yes, you may have to sit in a cab for a while if you stay further away from the city, but if you can find a place to stay near an expressway on-ramp you're often not going to spend much more time traveling than if you were staying somewhere like Sukhumvit soi 11 as the above poster has suggested, even if distance wise it's much further but given the traffic in Bangkok I'd much rather stay further away and you'll probably save both money and yes, surprisingly even time....believe me, I know Bangkok as I've lived there for a while and I know that traveling 30km can sometimes be quicker than traveling just 3km depending on where you are in the city.

Related forum threads

Login to post