GoKunming Forums

Kunming sucks the life out of me...

gaoxing (63 posts) • 0

Well I have a bad attitude because I'm hungry. I can't find anything to eat except a bunch of f**** rice.

I need some meat.

The food in this city sucks.

Mars316 (24 posts) • 0

I don't like here neither, sucks. "Although i speak good Chinese", if you don't like the food,do it yourself.If you don't like the people, do not talk to them, do not even look at them,do not make any eye contact. Try the POLICE car,free taxi.Try the hills the green thing and the air,that's the beauty of Kunming.At least you don't need to fight for 35℃ these days.

Mars316 (24 posts) • 0

If you can not "Take things as they come"
Go back where you from.
Do you know what "Gaoxing" mean? R u really "gaoxing"?

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

Many foreigners in countries like Thailand have lived there for years and barely speak a word of Thai, I wonder why that is? On the other hand, they can get by to some extent with just English, but that doesn't make it excusable.

By all means learn the language, but as I found out when I first came to Kunming, and even now to some extent, now that I can still only speak basic Chinese and read and write just a few characters, you don't necessarily need language skills to make it here. Sure, it will make life a lot easier if you try, but how hard is it to point to a cell (mobile) phone and give them money, or even ordering in a restaurant (the key is to bring a phrasebook, such as Lonely Planet's Mandarin phrasebook).

Really, it's not that hard.

Dagoutuo (10 posts) • 0

oh gaoxing you such a fu(king joke. Well yeah I am emotionally feeding the troll but the population in a tiny city like Kunming doesn't need to be fed by a tw@t like you.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

Forget Chinese food in Kunming...it's mostly just peas or corn on a plate, much like western food but just served in a different way, and cooked in peanut oil rather than vegetable or olive oil...that's the only difference.

Whatever happened to dim sum and kung pao chicken? You know, the good stuff? Anyway, you can find plenty of great Chinese food in Kunming (cross-the-bridge noodles and hot pot) and of course foreign food. You don't ever have to touch Chinese food if you don't want to, so I don't see the point of complaining about it given you can just eat foreign food (pizzas, burgers, pasta, sushi, Thai and Indian food etc.) everyday. Or make it yourself at home.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

There's a Yunnan dish that I really really really enjoy - rice & stir fried potatoes - kind of like being Chinese Irish (loosely affiliated with the classic Irish potato econ case study).

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.