GoKunming Forums

Marriage advice

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

I find myself in a situation where I am getting married. It will happen end of Sept, and I envisage that there will be between 20-40 people attending. Basically the problem is I don't know where to hold a wedding or what to do. I checked out a couple of churches in Dali, but found them a little depressing, and besides which I'm not a religious man.
If anyone has been through this before I'd like some advice, seriously, because I have a few people coming from overseas so I figure they will expect some kind of ceremony. I think Kunming and Dali would both be OK, and I thought maybe in a nice courtyard or garden. As for the ceremony I'm totally at a loss. I like Seinfeld a lot, but think that perhaps stand-up comedy is not the thing for a wedding, so are there any other options?

A free case of beer to the person who comes up with the best advice.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I think I have the perfect place for you. 2 hrs drive from Kunming in a town called Mile. 10 km south of there is the Yunnan Red Winery. They built a beautiful private chapel nestled in the grape field for use for weddings. It is a perfect place to marry. Small and intimate. Then your guests can enjoy staying at the amazing Huquan Resort in Mile. I go to this place every month to experience sheer luxury rooms set in an environmental reserve. Huge natural private hot springs there for your evening get together after you go into town and eat the best damn food you can imagine. The restaurant is also first class and perfect to host your reception. Go to my website buckchucko.com click pn my Mile post, and see the pics.
Damn, I should be in the travel business! BTW, I only drink Lao Beer dark.

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

"I find myself in a situation where I am getting married."

"Basically the problem is I don't know where to hold a wedding or what to do."

"As for the ceremony I'm totally at a loss."

are you sure you're ready for marriage, Chingis? :)

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Hey Chingis, just got married this past weekend. We checked out a few venues in Kunming. We decided on Deyiju near the Hump Hostel though Harbor Plaza and 1910 South Train Station Restaurant were also pretty nice. Send me an e-mail at steven_lum at hotmail dot com should you have more questions.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the fantastic advice- keep it coming. Am keeping the numbers low as the future Mrs Chingis's family wont be coming as I will have to do a hotel style wedding back in her hometown.

Any ideas on some kind of ceremony would be much appreciated too. Jugglers, and fire-eaters maybe, I really have no idea. I'd be interested to know what you did lummer.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Hey Chingles, you should have the ceremony at the Dicos on Jianshe Lu. In my (vast) experience chicks dig fried chicken and fluorescent lighting.

When can I come by to pick up my case of beer?

Related forum threads

Login to post