GoKunming Forums

Extending visa in Dali?

maggielee (2 posts) • 0

I do not know the location of the visa extension office, while I can help you do the visa extension.

Contact me if necessary.

Maggie
maggielee66@hotmail.com

ludwig (104 posts) • 0

The PSB handling visas is in a large building on the western side of the highway leading from Xiaguan to Lijiang, just south of the Century School and north of the northern Xiaguan bus station. The building has a kind of an Eiffel tower on top.

Bus #8 from Xiaguan train station to Dali passes it. If coming from Dali on this bus, you pass the toll station and then a bit further down you will spot the eiffel tower coming up.

You will need your passport, some money, a photo. Your guesthouse in Dali should have registered you with the police (they can do that online) or you will have to bring a registration document from the local police station. They do check that you are registered locally.

Visas take two days, plus the new visa will start when you pick it up, not when you apply (as in KM)

You will not really need any help, it is all easy.

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

you could either take the informed advice from ludwig that you won't need any help or you could get help from someone who doesn't even know where the visa office is. Hmmm, tough one.

mingdao (40 posts) • 0

We have gotten Visa extensions in the Xia Guan PSB office in 20 minutes. They are friendly and helpful ... no need to pay anyone to do this. As with all Chinese PSB offices, they speak English, also.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Just reinvigorating this thread... I take it its still possible to get visa extensions in Dali? How about in Deqin? Anyone done this? Is there even a PSB in Deqin? There is definitely one in Lijiang, just not sure about Deqin.

Also, with the current visa regs, I do wonder if anyone has managed to extend their tourist visa twice? I have some friends coming who want to stay 3 months, likely they can extend their tourist visa once, but not sure about twice....

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Shangrila has a PSB, so safe to assume Lijiang has one. Deqin, probably does not. Deqin meaning the small town near Meili snow mountain.

Pretty sure the once only extension policy is ingrained now.

As to whether you could get an extension, all I know is that it was possible in Shangrila two and half years ago.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

There really needs to be a catagory in Gokunming that just says 'VISA' and in it, it would have all the updated information. You know how they have Home- Articles- Calendar- Listings etc., Why not put a Visa button as well? Just a thought.

Related forum threads

Login to post