GoKunming Forums

English Corner

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Thank you. Disappointing. Maybe we'll just have to wander through YunDa and attract a crowd of random students!

culture (51 posts) • 0

actually many people consider our english corner the best kept secret in kunming, though it isn't really a secret. It started running since last Oct and it is stopping now for chinese new year, we should resume at beginning of March. We operate on Wed night from 7-9 and offer free fruits and we ask people to either bring fruits to share or 10 yuan so we can buy fruits for all. It was quite successful because we play real English games that are designed to compete and learn English, and we always have at least one very interesting topic to talk about So we go way beyond the "where are you from" 'how old are you" types of questions. Interested anyone? feel free to join when the time is up!

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@culture,
Perhaps your English Corner is the best kept secret because you didn't say where it is!

As for Green Lake, is it possible that all the students were away on February 14th? It was the holiday after all.

culture (51 posts) • 0

haha I forgot about that, sorry you all, it is located at the cross road of ren min zhong lu and qing nian lu, on top of Macdonald, right in the city center, one good thing about us is we are inside of an office so no need to stand outside when the weather is bad, plus it is so fun and relaxing, if anyone needs more info we can be reached at 15288452705

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Sorry - it's my 6-monthly ask: Anyone know if Kunming's outdoor English Corner is back up and running again?
Thursday? 7pm? Green Lake?
(I have ten foreign visitors who would like to experience one!)

Related forum threads

Login to post