GoKunming Forums

Salsa dancing in Kunming?

laohu (15 posts) • 0

Hi, I'm returning to KM on June 1 for a few weeks. I used to teach some beginners Salsa classes at The Hump a couple of years ago, plus DJ'd a few Latin Dance Parties there. Unfortunately no "Salsa Scene" has evolved in KM yet. The best chance is to find a few like-minded people and organise our own. I was thinking to approach "The Mask" (although small) and see if I can DJ some Latin music there. Perhaps someone knows other venues or people? Happy to DJ. Argentine Tango anybody? (Probably too far fetched :))

laohu (15 posts) • 0

I asked around last week, but could neither find any Salsa parties, nor people who like to dance. There was a Salsa party in a bar near the zoo before I arrived, organised by two ladies. Unfortunately I don't know how it went nor who they were.
If there are any Salsa dancers in Kunming, perhaps let's get together. I have lots of music and I'd be happy to coordinate:

bblizard88 @ gmail . com [no spaces]

Ben

yuhan (1 post) • 0

@ laohu, are u still in kunming? any salsa party?
@Rowena, I searched "salsa" and found you everywhere, :P, have you found any venues? let me know, i'll be there!

verca.bucikova (7 posts) • 0

hey. I'm new to Kunming, I also dance salsa and would like to join you if anything is planned. please let me know. my email is bucikova.v@gmail.com

Charlene (2 posts) • 0

Hello, I'd like to organise a salsa party in Kunming downtown, is there anyone interested????I have a very nice place :-)

Related forum threads

Login to post