GoKunming Forums

Gaming consoles

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Have a look at the outside jacket of the game before you buy it. You'll have a better chance of getting English games if everything on the cover is in English and a much better chance if the game screen captures are in English. Good thing I've studied Chinese and Japanese or else I wouldn't be able to play many of my Wii games!

JonathanMiller (76 posts) • 0

Hello All -

I want to purchase an Xbox or PS3.

My main reasons for purchasing one if the Xbox Live (or what ever the PS3 equavilent is) and NetFlix movie downlaods.

I would appreciate if anyone who is familiar with this would contact me.

thanx

Jonathan

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

Playing online via XBOXLive is possible, if you have an mod-chip that you can disable. All the newer chips have this option!

All -

Xbox 360 just released its new dashboard!

I am wondering if it is possible to update a modified Xbox to the new dashboard and how.

BTW - I am an Xbox newbie and could use some help someone is willing to come by and assist it would be very much appreciated.

Jonathan
+86 186-8713-3709
Best to SMS First

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

Hi,

I would like some advice. I'm planning on buying an Xbox 360 or a PS3. The reason right now is for the game GTA 5 which will be out in May probably, and play online with friends in Europe.

Should I buy the real game or a Chinese copy will do? Will I be able to buy the real one here in China?

For what I've heard, PS3 is free to play online but Xbox is not. Can you play online with either one in China?

Which console is better if you live in China?

Thanks!

China considering end to 13-year ban on video game consoles: report
reut.rs/TLmhSv

There are more copied games available in China for XBOX (which needs to be cracked), but once cracked you cannot play XBOX Live. You can also play non-copied games.

The PS3 is probably a better gaming counsel and it has BluRay, but there are fewer copied games available.

In the end I went for the XBOX for the KINECT - WHICH IS AWESOME.

There is a good shop on the top floor of the mall on computer street for the XBOX.

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

Wow, I didn't even know about that ban. That mean all Xbox, PS3, etc in China are illegal? I see them everywhere...

The conclusion is that playing online seems almost impossible in China? In the GTA5 game they focused a lot of energy on the online experience, it would be a shame not to be able to play online.

Xbox has much more games available in China, but does that mean PS3 games are very rare?

Thanks for the reply, but I'm even more confused than before, lol

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Since my old thread has been brought back to life, I actually have a follow up question: My 360 has been collecting dust for the past 2 years (had a pregnant wife and then a baby) but last week -when I figured now I finally had a little spare time- I wanted to order a truck load of newish games, I was informed that I needed an upgrade on the console. The taobao guy told me I should go to my nearest Xbox slinger and get it done before I could play new games. Thing is, I now live in a city where I've never seen anyone selling 360s or games, hence I'm in a bit of a pickle. Is the upgrade something that I can do (software only) or are we talking a software AND hardware thing? I'm sure some of you guys have had it done, so any clarification would be much appreciated.

Related forum threads

Login to post