GoKunming Forums

all-you-can-eat buffet in kunming?

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

I know that all-you-can-eat buffets are not common in China, but I'm wondering if there might happen to be any in Kunming. (I know the Box has one on Thursday night, but I'm talking about Chinese food, not Italian food).
I also know that the saunas often have all-you-can-eat buffets, but I'm looking for a restaurant, not a sauna.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

Yes. There is an excellent up-scale restaurant that has a buffet upstairs. Downstairs is table service and menus, but upstairs you serve yourself. Includes individual hot pots and roving waiters carving you roast meat. Been there several times, but don't recall the name. Located on 五一路 less than half a block south of 东风西路, more or less across from the Kunming Art Theater and just down from the Yunnan Provincial Museum. At lunch it's 40 RMB a person and 60 RMB at night.

justanna111 (5 posts) • 0

nice restaurant!!! 38RMB for lunch, and 68RMB at night. buy two get one free on Monday. check it out, best buffet ever in Kunming.

chris (144 posts) • 0

I've never eaten at Huajichu in Kunming Zoulang, but I've seen the buffet and it's rather extensive... I think it's somewhere around 90-100 per person. Some of the food is in trays, some like noodles, chaofan, mixian, and fried eggs are made to order. Here's a link:

www.gokunming.com/en/listings/map/hua_32362/

Plenty of seafood too, I remember seeing oysters there too. Could be a good deal if you show up hungry.

MichaelT (7 posts) • 0

There's a lunch buffet at the Baoshan Hotel for 15rmb. It's best Monday through Friday, but they also have Saturday and Sunday. Starts at 11:30
It's not as good as the one mentioned in the ealier posts, but for 15RMB, it's a deal.

Related forum threads

Login to post