GoKunming Forums

Obama Nobel Peace Price 2009

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I think many people uttered a loud "什么 ?!" when they saw this news. Don't get me wrong. I am a big Obama fan -even though he has made a couple blunders lately- but how in the whole wide world did he ever qualify for this one? The wars are still ongoing and he even sent more soldiers abroad to fight them. He is playing chicken with the DPRK and Venezuela and he recently refused to meet with a certain someone not to be mentioned here.

Sure he sent a message of change and hope to the entire world by winning the presidency and I guess that counts for something but what has he actually managed to do since his inauguration that warrants a Nobel prize?

Unless Obama really begins to stir things up during the next couple of years the oligarki that is the Nobel commitee will have made a blunder on par with that dreadful Yassir Arafat prize they handed out some years back.

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

1. I guess that you meant 'prize'.
2. If they can award it to a Zionist in the past ... it's OK.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Too bad there's not a Nobel prize for obnoxious and rambling online forum posts; I could offer a nominee for that.

harrybungles (1 post) • 0

What is Tiger's problem with a "Zionist" winning a Nobel prize? I suppose he refers to the President of the State of Israel Mr. Peres. A Zionist is one who supports the right of Israel, a member of the UN to exist in peace. Is that a problem? Peres won it together with Yasser Arafat who reneged on the peace agreement shortly afterwards. For Tiger's information another Israeli won the Nobel prize this week for her contribution to the well-being of the world...she is probably a Zionist too

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Yes apparently Nobel Peace prizes are awarded to those who now say they'll do things, rather than actually being based on their accomplishments. Couldn't it have waited a year or two to see if he'll actually pull out of Afghanistan, actually close down Guantanamo, or even actually begin unilateral disarmament of nuclear weapons? What a farce.

It just stinks of underhanded deals left and right...and with his approval ratings sinking, possibly losing the House and/or the Senate to the GOP in 2010 and being unable to push through his agenda. Disgusting.

So many people in China are worth of this award...such as H* Ji*...We* J*ng Sheng, Sima Simar, Greg Mortenson, the list goes on and on...

BigBoy69 (9 posts) • 0

here is a common Zionist opinion from a news article about Jewish Destiny,

"It's our capital," settler Mordechai Benita told Sky News.
"Not from now, but from 3,000 years ago. King David, he decided this is the place of the Jewish people."

70 years ago Adolf Hitler decided that the whole world should be Germany's. Lets give it to them, i mean its more recent than the Zionist claim isn't it?

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.