GoKunming Forums

Lazybones false advertising

jiangwu (33 posts) • 0

so last week I bought a 12 inch pizza from lazybones and it looked kind of small once they finally delivered it, so, i measured it and it was actually 10.5 inches and this weekend I bought a 16 inch and it was only 14 inches and because it took them ONE HOUR to deliver it, it was also cold.

kickkick (51 posts) • 0

I've never thought to measure a pizza upon delivery, but now that you've blown the whistle on this under-sized pizza racket I think I'll start.

Is there any sort of international standard I should apply? I would imagine there would have to be some accepted margin of error to take into account curling of the edge crust, etc. All help appreciated.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

This looks like a case for the Kunming Police Department for Pizzas and Quiches. Can't remember the number but it's extension 102 for Italian flats and 103 for US thick style. Let me know how it plays out.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

I suggest that the next time he delivers an undersized pizza, you ask him politely for a quiche. ;-)

seaforte03 (16 posts) • 0

suggest you bring this up with lazybones directly. I'm sure lazybones will amend the problem - to include retraining the pizza staff to make the pizzas closer to the advertised size...and they may even grace you (jiangwu) with a discount coupon for bringing this QA issue to their attention.

jimsc (9 posts) • 0

Gotta love these Lazybones posers and their paid-off supporters posting to this site. The whole operation is a sh!tty cervice, cheap-ass over-priced bunch of wankers. A tiny pizza marketed under false advertising is just the beginning. Then we have 26 kuai for a rice bowl of soggy lettuce salad. Bunch of scam artists.

easynow (1 post) • 0

I think it's a bit much to accuse them of 'false advertising' just because your pizza didn't measure exactly 12 inches. I once had a burger from McDonalds that didn't look like the one in the picture! Imagine my shock! I actually wet my pants in outrage right there in the restaurant. Seriuosly though, if your pizza is too small, or your lettuce is soggy: don't pay for it! Complain. Or are you just too much of a pussy that it's easier to come on a website and whine like a little baby instead?

seaforte03 (16 posts) • 0

Jimsc - not a poser - just familiar with the chinese labor market and chinese management. they love to cut corners when the boss isn't looking etc. Finding quality expat joints (e.g. salvadores) is tough - so again recommend you field your complaints to the mgnt - help them to improve - although I'm sure by now they've tagged this post. Personally I don't use lazybones - i'm out of area...and...yeah...what's with those micro hamburgers at McD? they're recession hamburgers (sized down to save USD).

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

It's kind of like splitting hairs when we measure pizzas...but I agree, if it's advertised as 12 inches, it should be. Not a difficult thing to do.

I wouldn't say it's false advertising - perhaps oversight at best. The only issue I've ever had with their service is that, as a rule, my food would always arrive cold and much later than it should have.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.