GoKunming Forums

Healthcode QR no longer show booster shot days ou

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

Helathcode no longer says anything about the booster shots. It used to display in red the amount of days. Anyone knows why? Still can seem to know when they will be available.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

If I check my health code on WeChat it ALWAYS says unvaccinated because WeChat does not allow me to update my passport number.

The health code still shows the old number.
Meanwhile, the scan in AliPay doesn't mention anything about vaccination status.

It used to show a shield but it hasn't for some time.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

My cousin (retired nurse) just sent me an update - the gov announced they're updating their system so EVERYONE's vaccination status will revert to unvaccinated for a while...as is typical of bureaucratic organizations - there's not ETA on the update.

The YiBao system where we live (in fujian) has been updating their computer system for a few days now...with no ETC (estimated time of completion).

WECHAT PASSPORT UPDATE
My daughter says to update your passport number without killing WeChat - cancel your WeChat PAY, then resubscribe/re-authenticate with your new passport.

Dunno if that'll work - but it's worth a shot when you've got nothing that urgently requires WeChat pay to work...

Just in case - make sure your alipay still works...before cancelling WeChat pay.

@michael2015
I tried that passport reset method on WeChat.

It took the "correction" to my name so that it matches the passport but still did not update the passport number.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@Al
Regrets it didn't work for you. I just got my new passport - but I'm loathe to update anything until I return to Kunming - so I can update all my bank accounts - otherwise WeChat pay and alipay will cease.

There are some strange things happening with these health codes.
When I first got vaccinated last summer I had to switch to using AliPay to get the correct green code with my new passport info.

Originally it showed the shield indicating I was vaccinated, but then the shield went away.
Since I got the booster shot on Thursday the AliPay gives me a single text line indicating the green health code, but not the green square that everyone is expecting.

What's going on with these codes?

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

I'm guessing they do these system updates and because of that you get this 'glitches'. The green shield should have the gold trim around it (at least my wife's does). I haven't had my booster yet so mine only has the green shield. I wish they would get some 'fluent' English programmers to develop these health app.

Related forum threads

Login to post