GoKunming Forums

Chinese guitars..

DagInge (15 posts) • 0

Considering buying a guitar here. Lot of straaange brands around. Any of the chinese brands that are any good?

Want either a semi-acoustic or a cheap electric. Don't need a good electric since my Peavey Wolfgang EVH back home will do the trick when I return home. A semi-acoustic, though, could be worth considering bringing home.

jimsc (9 posts) • 0

Oh my God, you have a Wolfgang? Any chance you can bring it to KM and let us leer at it from behind a sealed, bullet-proof lucite case?

If you're looking for an acoustic, try a Martin D-45. They're supposed to be pretty good.

kickkick (51 posts) • 0

are there any 2nd hand guitar shops around? there's a whole string of shops with new knock-offs, but i can't find the junkshops.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

If I remember it correctly Huancheng XiLu has lots of instrument stores on one side and scooter shops on the other (its the street where Uprock if I got the name wrong). Many of the shops have second hand guitars -sometimes in the back. You can ask for them if you want. I bought a western guitar (no name) second hand for 140 last year. Value-for-money the sound is excellent.

Related forum threads

Login to post