GoKunming Forums

Healthcode QR status change.

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

Okay so I got both my vaccine shots and my QR hasn't changed one bit as of 3:30 pm today. Has anyone have the new 'status' change on their Healthcode QR yet? If so, how did you do it? Thanks for any replies.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +2

For me, it is working on Alipay, but not on WeChat. On Alipay, I had to update to my new passport number and with my name written in the same order as they used for the vaccine (surname followed by family name in all caps with the same spacing as on my passport). Plus I logged out and back in of the green code mini-program within Alipay a few times. After taking these steps, the blue shield for the first dose just showed up eventually. I forget if it was in the end necessary to log out and back in to the mini program one more time. After I got my second dose yesterday afternoon, the green shield showed up in the evening.

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

Maybe they'll get a lot of complaints and update the app to allow foreigners vaccine info. to be updated without all this hassle.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Thanks Dan,
I'm not an active AliPay user.

Most of the app is in Chinese even with the application language supposedly set to English.

However, I dug through the app (with some difficulty) and found that, unlike WeChat, it does have a way to update the passport number.

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

WeChat passport verification forces me to use my name as written on my bank card, which is of course different again from how my name is written on my passport. this is causing a number of problems I won't get into here, but one of them appears to be that it indeed doesn't show my vaccination status.

Alipay's health code is showing me a blue shield as well after one shot. Let's see if it updates properly after the second.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

My health code also did not update despite double vaccination. But the clinic were able to print me off a "certificate" showing all the vaccination details, which should help in the future if necessary,

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

I just had my second vaccination today and already seeing an updated health code in Alipay. The WeChat system appears to be broken as the built-in verification system is linked to the name that's used on your Chinese bank card, and that's rarely written the same way as it is on foreign passports. I'd be curious to know if the WeChat health code works properly for any expat. I get a green code, but no indication of having been vaccinated.

sunjiangyu (24 posts) • 0

Had the same issue with wechat but I just set up an alipay account and the shield showed up. Didn't even need to add a bank account. Don't use alipay but figured I'll just have it in case anybody asks to see the shield. Full vax shield showed up about an hour after I got the second shot.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I have an Alipay account setup with no bank card.

My new passport number is recorded.

My name is the same as on my passport.

The health code scan continues to return the old screen with my old passport number.

Related forum threads

Login to post