GoKunming Forums

shipping rx to kunming/china

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

recently moved to kunming

still keep my health insurance back home in the states because i have a medical condition and need special rx that isn't available in china

was planning to have mother dhl/fedex/ups it to me, but she has discovered some discouraging news on her end:

"I inquired today of DHL - they say you'll need a Medical Inspection Permit from the Bureau of Health and Sanitation in China. "

"I inquired at FedEx and their fat guidebook (the SRG) said that: you'd need an inspection permit (not exactly the same name or dept. listed) and that it would go thru customs which can take up to a month for Rx's, and that there could be duties to pay."

anyone had any experience having rx express mailed from overseas to kunming/china?

did you declare it as such and go through the hassles described above?

i don't have enough time before my current rx run out if its going to sit at customs for a month.

any ideas what to do?

thanks

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

I have 3 examples of this although none of them are exactly what you are after but might be helpful.
1.) I recently ordered 3 large bottles from the US of a natural maternity supplement for my wife. On the package's arrival in China I was asked to fax a declaration saying they were for my wife's personal use. They arrived a couple of days later. No duty was paid.
2.) |Last year I ordered nicotine patches from a US online pharmacy. The packet was marked as medicine for personal use. I was not required to do any kind of declaration. They just arrived.
3.) When I first came to China in 1998 (so this one may be out of date) my family sent me asthma inhalers by post. There was no problem of any kind.

Related forum threads

Login to post