GoKunming Forums

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

***Moderators note***
There is a need to keep a lid on hearsay and speculative statistics about vaccines, as they are unhelpful.
If you have quotable reliable sources of information feel free to post. If not, posts that fall into the hearsay, fake news, conspiracy theory realm will be deleted.

DanDare (141 posts) • +1

Speculative statistics leading to fake news.
We need to look at the teachings of the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster.
'All you have to do is look at....' global warming. There is an inverse relationship between the numbers of pirates and global temperatures. As the numbers of pirates have fallen, global temperatures have increased. The world needs more pirates.

Ricklane (39 posts) • 0

@Jedickerson0116, as I mentioned in the previous page, the second dose for Sinovac increases the efficacy rate dramatically in the Indonesian data. In the case of Chile:

"Most vaccinated Chileans have only had a single dose, meaning they are still largely unprotected from infection. A study published by researchers at the University of Chile on 6 April, in which Cortés was not involved, found that the CoronaVac vaccine was 56.5% effective in preventing infections two weeks after a second dose but only 3% effective after a single dose.* Ennio Vivaldi, the university’s rector, concluded that until two weeks after the second dose is administered the vaccine 'has no significant effect.'"

Source:
www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1023

References:
* www.uchile.cl/[...]

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Anything new about vaccinating foreigners in Kunming?

On hearsay I'd share that last week my wife's Chinese colleague saw a foreigner getting the vaccine at a clinic in Kunming. She apparently asked about it, and was told that it was possible because the foreigner was enrolled in China's (medical) social insurance scheme.

bubblyian (102 posts) • 0

Yes, I found a clinic that will vaccinate foreigners, but they need the Chinese medical insurance ("yi bao"). I offered cash and they said no. So I guess you need to be working here to get the medical insurance. In the press conference during the week, the Chinese foreign minister said "200,000 foreigners have been vaccinated in China". govt.chinadaily.com.cn/[...]

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

With the new Delta variant (from India) of the virus picking up steam in China, they need to be vaccinating everyone, regardless of nationality and/or insurance coverage.

I'd willingly pay, as I did for both pneumonia and flu vaccines.

the_zoologist (4 posts) • 0

for those who have found clinics, can you post where? I have insurance, and I've been unable to get vaccinated where I work (Xishuangbanna) and am due to come to Kunming

JanJal (1243 posts) • +1

The district office handling my work permit sent a group WeChat message today.

The message mentioned calling "Anti-epidemic Headquarters Office" to ask about situation of foreigners' vaccination, and citing response "foreigners should be able to get vaccine after July 1st", and that "foreigners in prefectures can get it now, but in Kunming city cannot".

Related forum threads

Login to post