GoKunming Forums

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Also our son's kindergarten (and I assume every other institution) alerted of outbreak in Ruili and had everyone report if anyone from their household has been in Ruili in past weeks.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Back to the original topic of vaccine for foreigners.
My wife inquired about getting me vaccinated.

The doctor's reply was that at present they are only vaccinating people aged 18 to 59 because these people are most likely to travel more or interact with others more since this is the "working" population.

I'm a senior and well outside that age range.

There was no clarification of if/when there will be vaccination for foreign seniors.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

My wife got a message about vaccinations being available, and specifically she got it from same district office desk that processes my work permit.

The communication still failed to mention whether the vaccination is available for foreigners - could have been just to remind foreign-invested enterprises (one of which I'm managing) to get their Chinese staff vaccinated.

Ricklane (39 posts) • +2

Good news on foreign vaccine front in Mainland China.

"China is expected to approve BioNTech SE’s Covid-19 vaccine in June, according to the head of American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai."

Source from Bloomberg Asia.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

That's great news about the BioNTech Virus, but it still leaves some questions unanswered.

1. When will YUNNAN, begin vaccination of foreigners and will that include seniors with no age cap?

2. When will China begin to admit foreigners vaccinated with other than a Chinese vaccine?

The embassy website in Canada still insists that visa applicants have the Chinese vaccine.

ca.china-embassy.org/eng/lsyw/gzrz/visa1/t1861792.htm

Ricklane (39 posts) • 0

Chinese vaccines are being administered to not just health workers. As we speak this morning at Dali's sports stadium on Shangri-la Dadao, well over one over hundred non-essentials local citizens are getting their jabs.

Related forum threads

Login to post