GoKunming Forums

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

A friend of mine pointed out that the info I presented above might not be applicable for all foreigners.

I have a permanent residence permit and I am therefore treated like a Chinese in these matters.

For people on other visa things might be different.

@AlPage48
Just a suggestion. Make a screenshot of the message and use WeChat translate to translate it.

Mario007 (42 posts) • 0

It was in English. It's really strange that the system knkws we need to get another shot and yet there has been information about this.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

Although foreign covid vaccines have yet been given green light by China, the Pfizer's oral anti-covid pill version (Paxlovid) was issued conditional approval by regulators today.

"Pfizer in December said final trial results showed its [Paxlovid] treatment reduced the chance of hospitalisation or death by 89% in COVID-19 patients at risk of severe illness given the treatment within three days of the onset of symptoms, and by 88% when given within five days of onset."

www.reuters.com/[...]

mayali (4 posts) • +3

Calmette Hospital is now accepting Chinese and Foreigners alike for all vaccinations - first, second or booster - on every workday of the week. Once inside the gate, turn right just before the main entrance and use the side-entrance a little further on the left. Don't forget your passport and, if you had the vaccination before, the paper that they gave you.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Well, it appears they are NOT doing foreigners today.

I showed up at the hospital and was told it was just yesterday and now I have to wait for the "official" announcement.

That disturbs me.

In July when they started vaccinations the only announcements I got were from either GoKunming or my wife (who got it in a text message).

When they started doing children and others more recently I got it from those two sources again, and then .....
I got an official text message on my phone a few days AFTER the time period expired.

Related forum threads

Login to post