GoKunming Forums

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

Mario007 (42 posts) • 0

They pretty much give you the vaccine if you show up no matter what your visa information is. One of the teachers from our school only had that piece of paper from the PSB as he is now getting new visas and his passport is with the PSB and they gave him the shot without any hassles.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +3

I took everyone's advice and showed up at Calmette Hospital with just my receipt from the PSB and the residence permit from the local police station.

If you don't speak Chinese (like me), that residence paper is handy since it has your name, passport number, address and phone number.

Those are all things that got entered into the computer.

Also, if you don't speak Chinese (like me), having a translation app on your phone is useful.

Anyway, I have to say that Calmette was super organized.

They had lots of staff on hand.

Many, but not all, spoke decent English. There were quite a few people in for the shot but it didn't get lined up because they had the staff level to accommodate it.

It could be busier tomorrow with those folk who had to work for the past 3 days.

JanJal (1243 posts) • -1

I also want to concur with a previous poster about the needle. Felt absolutely nothing, and it's not the first time I've been injected in Kunming.

Ricklane (39 posts) • +2

China has produced their own homegrown mRNA Covid vaccine known as ARCov, slated to conduct trials in Yunnan and Guangxi. Out of the 2,000 volunteers, 500 of them would randomly be put in the placebo group. Meaning, unbeknownst to ARCov clinical trial participants, a quarter of them would receive some sort of saline solution in place of the actual vaccine for base line comparison as the controlled group. This clinical trial is part of a global phase 3 testing for ARCov, which will eventually recruit over 28,000 participants worldwide.

www.scmp.com/[...]

bubblyian (102 posts) • 0

Any news on a booster? We all had the second jab at the beginning of August, so now six months later....booster time?

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Got my booster some time ago. They called me by phone six months after the second shot to remind me.
Probably thinks came to a standstill now because its Spring Festival.

Mario007 (42 posts) • 0

So just checked my health code and it's telling me I should go get a booster as soon as possible. And yet there's no news on the times when foreigners can get boosters. Does anyone have any information as to when is the government planning on starting boosters for foreigners?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@mario007
Was that message recommending the booster in English or Chinese.

I just checked my health code and it's green, but there are a lot of Chinese messages on the screen that I can't read, even though I've chosen the "English" option.

Related forum threads

Login to post