GoKunming Forums

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

12345 (107 posts) • +2

I have one day left on S2 visa. Just got vacc’d, no problem. Calmette, 2pm, no waiting. Ha my hundreth post, too.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

A Turkish friend who teaches abroad from Turkey got his 2 Sinovac jabs at his embassy in early spring. Returning home this summer on holiday, he is already scheduled the Pfizer booster shot in August. Turkey seems to be rather advanced in this, with fully working contact tracing app and qr green codes for traveling.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I'm getting more confused by the minute.

First we're told we must have a residence permit.

Then we're told they will refuse 1st shot if the RP expires before second shot date.

Now I see a post from 12345 getting the vaccine with just an S2 Visa, which does not have a residence permit.

Is it at all possible they'll give me the vaccine if I present a photo of my passport and the receipt from the PSB showing my passport and visa are in the shop for maintenance?

livinginchina (232 posts) • +2

My take away from yesterday is that they want all foreigners vaccinated. They want to reassure the Chinese citizens that we are not spreading the virus which is understandable. We are close to several borders. My suggestion is to just give it a try if you want to get vaccinated. Now is your chance to do it. Don't know how forgiving they will be if you are NOT vaccinated. My guess as I stated before is that it will restrict you from being admitted to certain places.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +1

That's probably because residence permit has been been confused with accommodation registration, with the latter needed also by S2 (and any other) visa holders.

It was (apparently) cited by medical authorities that residence permit is required, but what they really meant was the accommodation registration from local police station.

These medical authorities who know nothing of entry/exit, probably confused the terminology

- Chinese non-hukou holders residing in Kunming also require a temporary residence permit, which they do acquire from same local police stations where foreigners get accommodation registration from. But it's not where foreigner's residence permit comes from.

12345 (107 posts) • 0

The ladies at the door who checked my visa were from the PSB, I believe. Very nice, and urged me to go there tomorrow to get a new visa. Nobody asked for even the registration paper from police station. And nobody after that said anything about visa. Passport and crisp ¥100 will see you jabbed. As for receipt from PSB, it's supposed to act as temporary passport replacement, so I'd definitely go and try. Especially since it seems you won't have your passport back before vaccination is over. PSB's closed on the weekend.

If it's a no-go, an emergency solution might be to head over to PSB, who might already be done with your passport, or at least give it back to you for an hour so you can get vacc'd. There might be another chance in the future, but who knows when.
As I mentioned in previous posts, they were quite adamant about not giving a first dose when they were giving out a second dose, even though they are the same. Plus for foreigners they have to set up these special vacc points with PSB and English-speaking staff. It's most likely just my impression, but Calmette seems more relaxed, so I'd try there. Yan'an wanted me to use the scheduling QR code which told me no vacc (or soup) for you.

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

Calmatte is an international hospital. You should have gone there from the get go. I'm sure they want to highlight how well they treat foreigners and I wouldn't be surprise if they print posters with us Monkees. Ha.Ha.

12345 (107 posts) • 0

Never went to Yan'an, just called, probably going there would have been as painless as Calmette. Speaking of which, don't know how microscopic the needle is, couldn't feel anything at all. A bit of muscle soreness a few hours later, now basically gone. They said to not shower for 48 hours. Looked it up, seems because hot water might increase the muscle soreness. And CDC or somebody like that saying the opposite, that shower might also actually alleviate it. Nedless to say I'm not going without shower in this weather.

GoKunming (162 posts) • 0

An updated article is available on vaccinations for expats in Kunming on GoKunming as well now:

www.gokunming.com/[...]

The first dose will be available until July 18, which is this Sunday. It is recommended to get vaccinated to avoid possible future travel restrictions.

Related forum threads

Login to post