GoKunming Forums

Anyone able to contact US Consulate / Guangzhou?

duke is me (64 posts) • 0

Hello;

The email link I have for the US Consulate is dead or blocked..
Has anyone recently been in contact with them?
Thanks..

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@duke
Try it again - sometimes the ISP (Internet Service Provider) just can't get to the site.

The US Embassy China and consulates are all attached to a .org.cn domain name - so the sites aren't picked up the the Great Firewall, unless they violate local Chinese internet laws.

I connected to the website without any problems.

WEBSITE
china.usembassy-china.org.cn/embassy-consulates/guangzhou/

CONTACT INFORMATION FOR US CITIZENS
Telephone:
+86 20 3814-5775, within China
Email: GuangzhouACS@state.gov

The consulates and embassies are ALL supposed to maintain a 7/24 telecom presence, but because of COVID - they may be running reduced services (your tax dollars at work). If you can't connect to Guangzhou - call the main embassy in Beijing.

Finally - there's a "US Citizens in Yunnan" WeChat group - which used to be operated by the Chengdu consulate and is sort of moderated by Kunming denizens with some sparse moderation by the US Consulate Guangzhou.

FOLLOW-UP ACTIONS
Kunming has a volunteer consulate deputy. The Guangzhou consulate and the US Embassy MAY want to add their information to the gokm listings section as a US citizen courtesy.

Other foreign nationals may also wish to add their consulate and embassy information to the gokm listings section also.

Thanks for your response..
The Consulate's main page opens, and the only contact email is in the visa section: support-china@ustraveldocs.com ..
Using 2 different browsers, the results were: blank page..

China Mobile stole my sim card, so I can't phone them..

Thanks Michael2015..
The Consular website lists Yunnan Province as now being in Beijing's jurisdiction..
I was able to post my enquiry to:
Beijingacs@state.gov, and received an automated reply..

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@duke
They should respond shortly. Don't forget the Beijing embassy also has an emergency hotline. They will NOT intervene in local laws - simply because they usually can not - especially here - but they can provide guidance and counseling on potential options.

Transiting through the USA back to the EU or UK - definitely NOT something you want to do right now, if possible.

These are special times - so the PSB may route you to country of preference - as long as you have a valid passport.

Best wishes and bon voyage.

Related forum threads

Login to post