GoKunming Forums

Health QR code not working?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

That QR code we're supposed to use to show we're virus free has stopped working.

In the past I got a green screen for a while, then afterwards got back to the entry screen asking me to do it all again.
That entry screen now freezes at the age field and sill not accept further input.

Is anyone being asked to show the green screen anymore?

At the PSB yesterday and even last month they did not ask for it even though they still have the sign up.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Without trying to be a hazardous pr*ck, I usually just futz around with the phone scanner - which brings up the "enter your info" in chinese, then stroll inside (with my mask on) to take care of whatever business needs to be done. The security guards generally leave me alone once I've scanned the app.

Thanks Michael.

My wife (she's Chinese) and I both failed yesterday on the app, then I tried it on my iPad which is somehow linked to my phone number and it worked.

Now when I scan the QR code on my phone it brings up the most recent green screen, which I immediately screen print and save.

I noticed the questions at the bottom have changed and there are fewer of them.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

Usually when I can't get an app to work - I put the phone or iPad into flight mode for a few deep breaths, then try it again - it's probably superstitious and works intermittently.

I also shutdown WIFI and go to 4G when I need speedy service outside.

Realistically I don't see the worth of this particular app.
The design is such that the "English" option gives questions that can't be answered at all.

The Chinese version can easily be answered (with the help of a translator) in such a way that it always yield the green screen.

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • +1

It yields the code not only based on your answers but on your digital footprint of the near past. That you always see green codes around you is positive in actuality (this thing is as accurate as it can get if everyone ALWAYS scanned every location in and out).

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

It's working for me at the moment.

The English version is indeed built assuming that only tourists and temp visitors come to China without being able to communicate in Chinese. That said, I don't know if the questions can be answered even then - on a quick try once I failed to get it accept my input, even if I lied on things like my arrival and departure dates.

One time when I had time to spare and was at local subway station with my son, I took the time to complain about this to the staff at station. They eventually let us enter without scanning.

Wendy528 (18 posts) • 0

For foreigners flying out of Kunming Airport, apart from the usual scanning of health code (still active btw), another updated version which tracks your movement needs to be scanned and presented to flight check-in attendant for verification.

It is called "动态行程卡" and proves you haven't left Yunnan for example (or country) within last 14 days. If the case the app interface will be displayed as green like the health code.

A bar code will be presented to be scanned.

Or search for it on WeChat as "通信大数据行程卡." SMS verification needed to login.

Not sure if applicable for travellers outside Yunnan across Mainland. Hunch is yes.

Great.
First they make it impossible to get into the country, then more difficult to get out!

I searched on that text provided and got a full screen of mini-programs in Chinese, which I can't read.

Selecting the one at the top which looks like the new style QR code gives me yet another screen in Chinese, which I also can't read.

Is that the one?

Why would that new code be just for foreigners (who can't read Chinese).

Chinese citizens are far more likely to have traveled outside Yunnan.

Related forum threads

Login to post