GoKunming Forums

Reasons to be cheerful

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +3

as the ian dury song goes, reasons to be cheeful 1 2 3.

im getting some use out of clothes at the back of the wardrobe, not good enough to wear in public, but not worn out enough to throw away
its quiet
no pollution from cars

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +3

Little to no spitting. Ha.Ha.
Less smoking.
Less cars and e-bikes on the streets.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

I trust everyone on this forum is still healthy, so that's one.

Probably many who take the measures to avoid this virus, will thanking to that avoid regular flu and other illnesses as well, so behind the corona virus figures we might see a healthier nation in the spring. Save perhaps putting on a few pounds from sitting home... and more time with loved ones.

Trumpster (84 posts) • +7

Many years later, when my child asks me why so many of her classmates were born in the same month, I'd have to answer, it all started with a bat....

herenow (357 posts) • +4

No sense that you might be missing out on some interesting event elsewhere (at least within China)

Renewed appreciation for plumbing and home appliances

And maybe this one is just me: the regular stream of text messages on my phone from the Yunnan provincial government repeating the same health advice over and over again, which reminds me of my Jewish mother

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • +1

Enterprises are starting to open up again, and my Taboa goods are moving.
It rained last night, and so I don't need to water the garden.
The sun is now shining.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

The vast range of entertainment options online. The boredom would have been so much worse 10 to 15 or more years ago.

The alternating sun and rain today (plus a bit of hail here just now) is also entertainment of a sort.

The weather has been fairly warm the past few weeks, which reduces the sense of siege. And temperatures in the upper 60's are forecast for later this week.

Related forum threads

Login to post