GoKunming Forums

Keep Calm and Carry on

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Looking ahead the current situation a bit - those of you working in education, have you heard anything about schools (K-12) possibly cancelling summer holidays to make up for this long spring break?

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Not al schools return on 23rd. Primary schools are not going back until 30th. Kindergartens later again.

faohi421 (11 posts) • +1

Thanks Ocean. Another good news, Green Lake opens at 9am today.

l4dybug (89 posts) • +1

Bloomberg published a poignant piece underscoring the dire need for China's economic engine to restore.

For us Kunmingers, the underlying difficulties for our locally or foreign owned restaurants/bars/cafes and small retail businesses due to depleting cash.

Restoring consumer confidence and spending is now of paramount importance as "Half of Chinese Retailers Risk Collapse Within Six Months... 60% unable to cover labor and rental costs, according to data compiled by Bloomberg and company reports covering 50 listed firms. Among jewelry and apparel companies, almost half don’t have the cash to last the six months unless demand rebounds sharply, the data show..."

(more here:)

www.bloomberg.com/[...]

faohi421 (11 posts) • 0

For those who wish to catch the cherry blossoms. Kunming Zoo (Yuantong Shan) across from YunDa will finally open on Monday, March 30 from 9am to 5pm. Catch the rows of cherry blossoms before they wilt.

Mousematt (1 post) • 0

I've just been turned away from my local park - Baohai Park. They told me that there is a new government directive - no foreigners allowed until further notice. Is that true? Has anyone else come across this?

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

@Mousematt: Sorry to hear that! Baohai is right around the corner and also our go-to-park if we don't wanna go for a long drive. I always visit trough the gate on 2nd ring road, it's opposite the maingate. I'm working this weekend, but could give it a try next saturday. Will let you know if i can get in or if i have to jump the fence. ;) Lonely times are coming our way i guess...

School is postponed too... the teacher called yesterday in the evening. They aren't sure about anything right now... there is fear the kids could get infected and spreading it further.

Related forum threads

Login to post