GoKunming Forums

New Coronavirus

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • 0

British Airways has suspended all direct flights to and from mainland China, following travel advice from the Foreign Office that warned against all but essential travel to the country due to the coronavirus outbreak.

BA.com, the airline’s website, shows no direct flights to China are available in January and February

Source: www.theguardian.com/[...]

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@JanJal
I went to my local PSB yesterday to register my return from holiday abroad and they said they weren't open until next week... so it seems there is some flexibility on the rules for now.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +1

I thought they'd be closed until this week's Friday anyway due to regular CNY holidays. The holidays which now have been extended until next week, the 2nd being last holiday.

I'm not personally in any risk with my RP btw, was just thinking that in some fields people might have started work contract after CNY last year, finishing work for this year's CNY, and taken remainder of their 1-year permits to travel.

I am however personally in such situation, where bus trip to nearest PSB able to accept even visitor registration (much less visa extensions) would take 2 hours one-way even without increased check points, and I could extrapolate that others might be in similar situation - but with visas expiring soon after CNY.

(by the way, in January when I returned from abroad, my local PSB told my wife that I do not need to register the return at all).

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • 0

@JanJal That has been the case for me for about 3 years now. The police said only come to register if I have moved or got a new visa. If I leave china and come back don't bother.

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • +1

British Airways says flight suspensions are ‘temporary’ until Friday

BA has said the suspension of flights to and from mainland China will last until Friday in an apparent step back from the open-ended suspension that was announced this morning.

Source: BA.com

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@Trumpster
I browsed those 2 sites you posted about cut back transit service.

Since they're in Chinese I had to get them translated.
The first one was really unclear, and the service noted for the subway did not equal the service in the second post which included Beichen as a stop.

I wonder how they expect people to get to those very limited stops with no bus service.

CoronaVirus (1 post) • 0

| WuHan ☣CoronaVirus☣ 20 on EzcapeChat |

www.ezcapechat.com/rooms/coronavirus

SUPPORT & AWARENESS CHATROOM

☣ Are You Infected or Affected? SHARE YOUR STORY ☣

The CoronaVirus Chat Corner is a place where you can share your news, ideas, thoughts, feelings, theories, conspiracies, opinions, etc with people from all over the world!

All genders, races, cultures, creeds, locations, ages are welcome.

Keep in mind, mature attendees are advised.

Created: January 26th 2020

Up-To-Date Info

24/7

FREE

Group Chat

Text/Cam/Mic Options

We Also Have A Built-In YouTube Player!

NO SIGN UP OR REGISTRATION NEEDED TO ENTER CHAT

You will however need to activate your FLASH setting to enter the chatroom.

There is many YouTube videos explaining how to turn FLASH on in your Chrome Browser.

(Chrome 76 version and up blocks Flash by default, which you'll have to manually allow to chat)

(Other options to use Flash is available for other Browsers as well, search Google for more info.)

| Infected & Healthy Welcome To Join! |

| All Languages Are Welcome To Join |

| 100k+ People Are Infected Or Dead |

| 250k Infected Expected by Feb 4th |

| CV Chatoom Is Free To Enter/Chat |

| Enter As A Guest & Chat Instantly |

| Chatroom Has Webcam Options |

| Chatroom Also Has Mic Options |

| Do Not Need Webcam To Chat |

| YouTube Player Built-In Chat |

| Play Music/Stream On Cam |

| Share Videos With Others |

| Share Links With Others |

| Share Info With Others |

| Created: Jan 26, 2020 |

| Be Informed/Aware |

| CoronaVirus Chat |

| All Is Welcome! |

| Text/Cam/Mic |

| GOODLUCK! |

| Active 24/7 |

| HAVEFUN |

| ENJOY! |

| Chats |

| CVC |

| | |

|

| WUHAN CORONAVIRUS IS BEING COMPARED TO THE 1918 SPANISH FLU |

| THE INFECTED SOMETIMES SHOWS NO SYMPTOMS RIGHT AWAY |

| To Enter The Chatroom You May Need Chrome Browser |

This is a step by step on how to allow FLASH to enter the Chatroom using Chrome.

1. Left-click on the lock symbol that appears to the left of the URL in your address bar.

(a small notification window should appear)

2. Inside this notification window you should see the word "Flash". To the right of the word "Flash" you should see an option that may or may not say "Block".

3. Left-click where is says "Block" and change it to "Allow". It may suggest you to reload the page after clicking on allow, so you can either click on "reload" or click default refresh button.

4. Once you have refreshed the Chatroom page, everything should appear as normal and you will see options to either log in to your account if you have one, or to just enter as a Guest.

If for some reason the option does not appear in the small notification window that pops up to allow Flash, then click the site settings option in there and then inside the site settings window that opens in another tab, scroll down to find the flash setting. Click to allow, and then refresh the Chatroom page to use with flash and you should be good to go! :)

| WuHan ☣CoronaVirus☣ 20 on EzcapeChat |www.ezcapechat.com/rooms/coronavirus

TO ENTER CHAT CLICK ABOVE

Related forum threads

Login to post