Wonders Of Yunnan Travel

Forums

New Coronavirus

AlPage48 (1164 posts) • 0

My wife is part of a "community group" where we live at Yaolong Kangcheng in the north.
Last night their WeChat group received a message from the police liason officer responsible for the community.

A visitor from Wuhan who had been staying here for several days had started to show symptoms of the virus. He was transported to hospital by ambulance. That's presumably the nearby Calmette Hospital which has a separate building for isolation cases.

The further advice to the community was to avoid going out at all unless absolutely necessary.
We have no idea who the man was staying with so there may be other infected people in the community who have not yet shown symptoms.

Geezer (1927 posts) • 0

From WHO:

"On 10 January, WHO published a range of interim guidance for all countries on how they can prepare for this virus, including how to monitor for sick people, test samples, treat patients, control infection in health centres, maintain the right supplies, and communicate with the public about this new virus.

Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.

Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing."

Bat soup was not recommended.

Liumingke1234 (3250 posts) • 0

It won't be possible to contain this virus easily because it mimic the common cold or the flu. People habits takes a lot of time to change. Just this morning I was walking my dog and this woman kept spitting phlegm on the street. Yuk!

lemon lover (878 posts) • +3

@Liumingke
The lady was applying a very good and proven method to keep you and your dog away from her and so stay free from the illnesses you might spread;-)

mihani (9 posts) • 0

New confirmed cases in both Lijiang and in Xishuangbanna. On top of the three cases in Kunming. Bringing total to five in Yunnan.

I believe Yunnan Province has also joined Beijing and Shanghai in raising the public emergency safety awareness to the highest level 1, whatever that means.

AlPage48 (1164 posts) • 0

I heard about that quick build hospital yesterday, and my source was a doctor in Wuhan.

He said 6 days.

There's no way a concrete building can go up that fast, so they must be using some kind of prefab.

It's also supposed to be just a temporary thing for the current crisis.

Login to post Register to post