GoKunming Forums

New Coronavirus

helrider (1 post) • 0

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. I went to the forums about something else but saw this sickly discussion.

As for the issue, the disease that has been declared global health emergency by the World Health Organization would hardly emerge out of nothing. As far as I understood (correct me if I'm wrong) Chinese have been eating seafood, and chicken, and rabbits, and snakes, and bat soup without any consequences for thousands of years.

Recently, I have seen a map of deadly epidemic outbreaks in the past dozen years combined with the Pentagon biolaboratories locations.

i.postimg.cc/RZJV5pRv/screen.jpg

That is conspiracy, for sure. However, according to Master Oogway, there are no accidents. But the U.S.-China trade war has ended in American favor. And all phases of trade agreement would be signed without upheavals

pideh390 (13 posts) • 0

Thank you again Vera for updating on the reopening of government services (2/3), businesses (2/10), and schools (2/17):

www.gokunming.com/[...]

A welcomed relief.

May I also add fitness gyms like Hercules will be closed until further notice. Closed days will be reimbursed to gym members in the future.

pideh390 (13 posts) • 0

It is my understanding employers are required to pay employees during above mentioned enforced closing period.

Does anyone have verified information on that?

Also, will the registration for purchasing or rationing of essential OTC drugs such as amoxicillin (limit 2) continue at pharmacies after Feb. 3?

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

@pideh390: That's not so clear cut. In the announcement of the extended break, there's just one line saying "employers must ensure the legal rights of their employees." It doesn't actually state what those rights are. I believe it is mainly to remind employers that they'll still be held to labor laws regarding arbitrary termination or being forced to work during weekends or holidays (each of which has different pay requirements).

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

best you consult your employer on the money thing. then budget according to what they say they are going to do. even if the employer is not doing what they should do, you will struggle to get what they don't wanna give. you might get it later, but in the meantime you gotta eat.

CindyLi (36 posts) • +5

Call for Transparency.

Today, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang emphasized that "epidemic updates and containment information should be disclosed in an open, transparent, timely and accurate way. Partial disclosures or cover-ups will not be allowed."

edition.cnn.com/[...]

pideh390 (13 posts) • 0

Thanks Xiefei. But my circle of birds have informed me there's an exact official mandate by the central government regarding compensatory leaves. The post link is circulating somewhere.

DanDare (141 posts) • 0

If a little someone had bothered and followed the link to Chinalaw they would already have the answer they are asking for. They can then be ahead of their little circle of birds.

Related forum threads

Login to post