GoKunming Forums

WeRun possibly to manually change step count, how?

_shara_ (98 posts) • +1

Hello, one of my Chinese friends seems to have suddenly changed her step count in WeRun from Sunday when we were talking about what she did on Sunday, and I'm extremely suspicious she didn't actually walk that number of steps :p

I also want to know how to do this, are the files stored on my phone somewhere?

If not I guess it could be just a coincidence.
P.s.i realise I should get a life :D

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

I would look for the answer on Bing.com and other search engines. If it is just Sunday's, and you are assuming from what she said, not what you saw, then she could have omitted things.
Simple ways to cheat step counters include: tie it to your dog's collar if it jumps around the house all day. Give it to someone else to carry all day. Sit in front of the telly and shake the device in your hand.

_shara_ (98 posts) • 0

well could be, but it suddenly changed two days later by 14000 :p

could be a wechat problem where it hadn't updated properly until she opens it though.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

They sell pendulums on Taobao that you can mount your phone and it rocks it back and forth. Many people do this in order to get money from those 'walking/running apps'.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Just paste this in the Taobao search:
摇步器一起来捉妖辅助手机步数走步刷步走路神器自动计步器摇摆器

_shara_ (98 posts) • 0

I should get an insurance discount then, I often do 20,000, though it's probably offset buy the no. of milk teas I buy which would also be tracked :D

@liumingke1234, thanks! will look that up later tonight

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

Yes, pay cash for you unhealthy lifestyle choices ;-)
It may sound paranoid, but the supercomputers will make many things possible. It isn't big brother we need to worry about, it is big data.

Related forum threads

Login to post