GoKunming Forums

Bus Route Handbook / Map

C RayC Ray (4 posts) • 0

Where could I obtain a map of the bus routes... especially north Kunming.... and or where can I obtain a copy of the Bus Route Handbook.

I'm staying near North Beijing Rd and Beichen Road...

Thanks

duke is me (64 posts) • +2

Not going to happen, C Ray.

The people are supposed to be lost and uninformed; can't you tell?
On this site, you might be given an obscure suggestion for an obscure zit of an obscure slice of a tiny toy phone.

There are no bus route maps, anywhere, and I feel your pain..

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

www.kmbus.com.cn

It's in Chinese. As this is allegedly one of the official city bus guides (comes with a QR code scannable APP) - This is probably as good as it gets.

Personally - I still use apple maps (for iPhone users), which provides walking, driving, and transportation maps and directions.

herenow (357 posts) • +1

@dukeisme is correct. Such a map should exist, but nobody has found one yet even though the question has been repeatedly raised on these forums.

As a lame partial substitute, you can see a full individual route laid out on a city map by entering "公共汽车" plus the route number into the Baidu Maps search box.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

On every bus there's the usual kind of square squiggly pattern you can use to download an app that has all the bus information. It also tells you when the next bus is coming. But I found it added all sorts of junkware to my phone so I deleted it. Try it at your own risk.

satii (82 posts) • +1

OP, here is an image that may help, though not the all-encompassing resolution you seek. It shows the bus numbers (and landmark destinations) just outside MRT station exits. The chart displays station exits along Line 2 (blue) subway line on Beijing Road reaching your Northern neighborhood:

i2.wp.com/[...]

Similar image for MRT Line 1 (red) to the South:

5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/[...]

Buses outside exits of Line 3 for East to West:

i2.wp.com/[...]

Line 6:

i0.wp.com/[...]

satii (82 posts) • 0

Btw, it's great that Kunming buses are designated with GPS to track current location of each bus. Displaying approximate arrival time would also be useful. Yes, the city government should create or outsource English language, user friendly APP versions to tap into their real-time transport network with traffic conditions, not just a clear and up to date visual bus route map for foreigners.

Perhaps GoKunming and their developers can partake in such initiative. Great exposure opportunity from marketing standpoint.

Related forum threads

Login to post