GoKunming Forums

Backstreet phone repair Dianchi area?

satii (82 posts) • 0

In worst case scenario, if repair is too expensive or unfixable, use Bluetooth headphones. If Android, airpod knockoffs are ubiquitous and works well. No more wire tanglement.

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

I have a specific pair of earphones that are also earplugs, that I use in the workshop. It gives me ear protection and allows me to listen to music at non damaging levels.

I am not sure if anything like that is available yet in Bluetooth. But it would be nice if it was.

satii (82 posts) • -1

I own an older Bose QC (quiet comfort) series which has amazing noise cancellation. Works much better than earplugs. Though wire is restrictive, particularly in your workshop setting.

The latest Bose QuietComfort 35 II are wireless with smarter features. Blows away Beats headphones and any generic earbuds in terms of sound quality depth. Look for them on TMall flagship now for possible 11/11 promotions.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

Across the canal just east of the Nanya Fengqing mall, there is a big commercial area with a wide range of shops -- you might try asking around there.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +2

Across from the Yunnan University Beimen Street gate. Walk down the Yuanxi Road (it's a Y intersection) - toward the end of Yuanxi Road on the right is a mobile phone repair store which usually, but not always does good work, mostly on Apple but they can also do most Android phone repairs.

Be forewarned - repairing the headphone jack may require replacement of the phone's motherboard (worst case) - but hopefully they can fix it with some solder...

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

@michael2015, good point about the possiblity of needing a mother board. Perhaps now I will go to a Huawei service agent as the thing is less than a year old.

Related forum threads

Login to post