GoKunming Forums

Anyone starting at Yunnan Normal University in September 2007?

ryano (7 posts) • 0

I am!

I am currently in Taiwan (have been here for 3 years) and I will be going back to China in late August (I have taught English in Guangxi before and I have also taught in HK).

I have been studying Chinese part-time and FINALLY I am ready to take the plunge into full-time study. Anyone else gonna be there in September? Reckon it would be cool to get to know some people before going...

Also, if anyone has anything they would like to share about the university, do post!

Have a fantastic day!
:-)

Ryan (OU RUI EN)

ellie (4 posts) • 0

hey! i'll be at yunnan normal too! first time going to China, and I'm really excited! send me an e-mail if you'd like to be friends! ellie@ou.edu

-
elisa (sun lisha)

Jared (19 posts) • 0

I'll be starting either at Yunnan Normal or Yunnan University in September. Right now I'm teaching over at the Finance & Economics school. Kunming's a great city.

Send me an email and we can meet up before classes start. jaredrhall@gmail.com

YllwBucki (9 posts) • 0

I am also in Taiwan right now, Taichung to be exact... where are you at Ryan?

I was originally going to YNNU but had a real hard time getting a hold of them. I am trying to do a co-op program with them and OSU in Ohio.. and didnt really get the cooperation I needed. Decided to go with ECLEC instead. Will be in Kunming on 8/6.

Also, ellie.. what part of Ohio are you from?!

ryano (7 posts) • 0

Hey Jared and Yellow Buck!

Nice to see this thread come to life a bit....

Weird but not so weird that you are in Taichung... know what I mean, yellowbuck?

And Jared, I just sent you an email...

Here's my email address, btw:
ryanjamesoconnor@gmail.com

Make this day great.

Kunming, HO!

Teacher (2 posts) • 0

I'm going to China this fall to study chinese. I'm iether going to go to a university full time or I'm going to teach english and study part time.

Do you think it's doable to start from nil on a university?

ryano (7 posts) • 0

Why not? In every situation, doing full-time study startting from nil will get you further faster than part-time...

Teacher (2 posts) • 0

Yes, but I was thinking that maybe I won't be able to accomplish enough for it to be worth skipping the income. I'm not made of money and would have to take a student loan (we have pretty good ones here in Sweden).

Also, I'm a little worried that the pace would be too high since I'm a beginner. Maybe someone attending the universities can answer that. Consider me normally talented and dedicated.

sully (1 post) • 0

Dear ryano and all

I'm also planning on starting at Yunnan Normal in the fall. My e-mail is mksull06@gmail.com

Best

Matt (shi mu tian)

Related forum threads

Login to post