GoKunming Forums

25 days and still waiting

TN.IN.KUNMINGTN.IN.KUNMING (13 posts) • 0

25 days waiting for yunnan university to prepare my jw202 is that normal ? Its too late right now and i'am worried that i wont catch up on time

bubblyian (102 posts) • +2

My Jw-202 normally comes through in around 2-3 weeks, but can be delayed over holiday periods. Plus it depends when the uni actually sent it to the authorities to start the 2-3 week period as they can sit on it for some time before sending it - you should ask them to chase it for you now.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

@TN...... You said, "i'am worried that i wont catch up on time".

If you mean that the course has already started, tell the university that you want to start the course, or just sit in, while you wait for the paperwork, so that you do not fall behind. They will probably go along with that. They may ask you to pay for your books upfront, even books that are part of the course fee. Just go along with it. You can ask for a refund later. Books are very cheap anyway.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

JW202 is needed as attachment to student visa application. If you are not yet in China, and do not even have visa to come here, sitting in class while waiting for the paperwork can be difficult.

If you already are in China, and want to/need to change visa in order to study, have you confirmed whether you need to leave country to do it?

If you need to chage the visa to study, I don't think that universities should be very welcoming to students sitting in classes without valid visas.

The whole function of the JW documents seems to be that only authorized universities get foreign students, and the few that are may hesitate to risk losing that authorization.

Related forum threads

Login to post