GoKunming Forums

local moving service

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

@dolphin,
We also used Ant moving for a move in Kunming.

Some furniture was damaged in the process, but they would only compensate us for items that were broken.

If it's damaged, they don't care.

hermit (48 posts) • +1

OP: local moving service

The consensus seems to be:

(1)

buy 4 mules & a wagon
(2(

elephants are slow, but reliable
(3)

coolies; a dozen, single file
(4)

wait for a flood: float it up
(5)

forget moving: build a card

board shack under a tree

hermit (48 posts) • +1

Local Moving Service

I have a point of origin. Even have a destination: about 15 km away.

Do we have a Drone delivery service yet? Perhaps a low-orbit missle, because land-based delivery seems to be on the drawing board.

herenow (357 posts) • -1

@hermit: You might try calling up a few of the more established laowai-oriented businesses around town like Salvador's and asking to talk to the expat owners so you can inquire with them. It's obviously not their job to give advice, but since you don't appear to be having any luck and seem to be under time pressure, it won't kill them to answer a question.

Owners are likely to plugged into the local business scene and accustomed to solving various logistical problems, so there's a good chance one of them can at least point you in the right direction.

(And they probably didn't see your OP because they are handling business instead of haunting the GKM forums.)

herenow (357 posts) • +1

@cloudtrapezer wrote: "I don't own anything worth moving that I can't move myself."

Uncharacteristically tactless

dolphin (509 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Alpage,
Problems start in the education system which allows people to sleep their way through. People are not taught to take responsibility for their work. Or maybe people are overworked and underpaid. Maybe not enough healthy competition.

satii (82 posts) • 0

Updating this topic:

HuoLala (货拉拉- 拉货搬家) is a intra/inter town moving company growing in nationwide popularity. Their variety of vehicles, slapped with their orange logo, are ever more conspicuous in Kunming as well.

Order their services via their app, which has over 50 million downloads in one app store alone. Look for them on your Chinese mobile app store, though not Play Store?

Different sizes of vehicles can be selected according to your specific need. Over tens of millions of Huolala drivers at your fingertips, 365 days a year.

The word on the street is they are cheaper and more efficient than traditional moving companies with branches outside the Mainland in Asia such as Bangkok, Manila, Singapore, Taipei, and HK.

Has anyone tried them?

Related forum threads

Login to post