GoKunming Forums

Full sexual health check

MissMary09 (2 posts) • +1

Hey, as with most things, I asked some people which hospital caters for a full sexual health check, for foreigners or anyone in need of it.. I was given three diff hospitals. So please could u recommend one where the fee is reasonable, they can test bloods, urine, swabs etc..

Cheers!

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • +1

I'd go to Hong Kong or Bangkok where there's a chance of confidentiality being respected or at least disclosure having fewer consequences. Certainly in the past, foreigners infected with certain STDs risked being refused visas or deported. I don't know if the regulations have changed.

darkone264 (108 posts) • +1

with the exception of AIDS and Hep B you will not have problems with visa's or deportation. anything else can be controlled or cured. now actually getting the required drugs to cure them might be a different challenge.

last time i did my med check I did it back home, got the one needed for the work visa and then got a full check a week later.

herenow (357 posts) • +2

If you don't want to go to HK or BK, you can try Grace Medical Services: www.gokunming.com/[...]

They have American doctors who may be able to give you a referral if they don't offer the services themselves. Their fees are very reasonable.

dolphin (509 posts) • 0

Hk will be more expensive than bkk, both in terms of fees and hotel costs. And maybe you can shop for a condo!

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

I remember my first blood test in Kunming, the laowai clinic near old airport. For the blood test they put a small pillow under the finger, on which the finger was meant to rest, a pillow which was stained by blood, blood marks all over it. All focus went to make sure the finger didnt touch it, so the needle went unnoticed when it pinched. Now it probably sounds id be making this story up, unfortunately not. However one may assume things have moved forward now, that was in 2001.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -2

@darkone

Doubt anyone has been deported bcs hepatitis b, wonder if it even effects the work visa. Me know laowais who got hepatitis in china, and where complaining ab this in china. One guy even had yellow eyes, no deportion. Dr Ho in Lijiang said he had cured hepatitis b, but 'it was very difficult'. He had diploma on it among the leukemia diplomas there. But hes gone now, the taoist doctor at the jade dragon mountain. Maybe he took the secret herbal formula with him.

greenrizla (15 posts) • 0

There is indeed a sexual health clinic in Kunming. I went there and it seemed efficient and inexpensive. Like 100 RMB or something.

Sorry I can't remember where exactly cos it was a few years ago but it wasn't a million miles away from DT. Best ask a Chinese friend.

Related forum threads

Login to post