Tenwest Mandarin School

Forums

Trekking Gear Stores..WeChat gps. Trekking Yunnan

l4dybug (60 posts) • +1

Thanks!

WeiPinHui (Parkson store) is a bargain. Purchased a pair of Columbia OutDry Waterproof Omni-Grip/Techlite footwear for 299, original price 1,299.

herenow (272 posts) • +3

I checked out WeiPinHui as well and they are definitely one of the better clothing options for foreigners in Kunming. The prices are impressively low as napav and l4dybug have said. They carry a variety of Western brands including some that I have not seen elsewhere in Kunming, and they tend to have larger sizes than most stores here.

One limitation is that much of the selection runs towards what might be called fancier clothes that you would expect to find at someplace like a Bloomingdales in the US, and which are not my cup of tea at any price. (In other words, a lot of their clothing is not what you might infer from the fact that they carry Merrell and Columbia footwear.) But there is still enough variety beyond that and overall to make it worth a visit for most.

To elaborate a bit on the locations: The Southwest Plaza/Parkson mall is at the intersection of Renmin Zhong Lu and Qingnian Lu, and the WeiPinhui is up a floor from street level. The other (larger) location is on Dongfeng Xi Lu, in the stretch of storefronts to the west of 五一 Lu.

Login to post Register to post