GoKunming Forums

Let's talk about vpn!

Farah (5 posts) • 0

So, here's my issue,

I have been using free vpn for 2 years now. And nothing seemed to be the problem. Until, about a week ago all the vpns on my phone are no longer "useable". As the servers are sleepy. This has been going on for a week. Can anyone tell me how to get hold of a good vpn even if you don't have any vpn to download it in the first place? Thanks.

dolphin (509 posts) • +2

Just guessing. Never tried it. But let’s say you can’t get to the VPN website .... maybe you can ask someone from back home or someone with a VPN or maybe even the VPN company themselves to download the executable and send it to you through QQ... which allows a large file transfer I believe. Then you can run the executable on your computer or phone. Not sure if it would work. But I’m sure someone will provide an easier solution.

Just remembered. Maybe the VPN company will provide a link that’s not blocked that you can download the file from. Ask them.

hermit (48 posts) • 0

Express has also been useless for more than a week. Maybe a total firewall, since the rumble in Hong Kong?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

i am doing some research on which vpns are still slipping throught the net so that relevant aurhorities know where the loop hoels are

napav (33 posts) • 0

Paranoia much?

First of all, "authorities" are not reading comments of laowais for the purpose of monitoring VPN connections. Particularly your inimitable darling, GoKunming.

How simple and archaic do you think they are?

They can easily test every city/host server at one sitting. Specifically with the most popular ExpressVPN.

So loosen your muzzle.

Related forum threads

Login to post