GoKunming Forums

Hijacking the forums

herenow (357 posts) • 0

@Peter99: This is going according to plan. I suspected that you would start inventing objections and pretexts why you can't spare five minutes to snap and upload a photo.

Just to make it easier and remove one of your pretexts -- I realized that we got unnecessarily sidetracked on landmarks, but any streetscape with visible Greek lettering on storefronts and such should work. So you could easily do this while relaxing at a local ouzeri (if you're actually in Greece, that is).

herenow (357 posts) • 0

See, you other guys just made jokes about hijacking the "Hijacking the forums" thread, but I am stone cold hijacking it for real.

Mic drop.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Yea, it wouldnt be a problem to do it. Im curious is it bcs it would give u a narcisstic shot bcs someone is subordinately following your laowai highness demands, or what is the actual significance if im in greece.

I might make a deal with u, and ask u to do something similarly stupid 'proof' and upload it so we stand even on this.

Im sure u wouldnt mind it played even.

dolphin (509 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Peter,
are you retired? are you living off an inheritance? did you win the lottery? there are no jobs in greece. if you don't need to work, living in the greek islands is a better bet than most places in the world. so what's your point? who wouldn't want to sit their fat ass on a beach all day long? you have that privilege?

herenow (357 posts) • 0

@Peter99: The significance should be obvious.

I am in Kunming and posting on the GoKunming forums -- very simple and straightforward.

You on the other hand, claim to be leading a sybaritic existence in Greece and yet, bizarrely, you take time away from supposedly eating grapes peeled by your Athenian courtesans in order to post on obscure forums half the world away. It doesn't make sense.

In other words, if things are really as you say they are, you would surely have better things to do than posting on GoKunming. And yet you are in fact posting here -- thus the inevitable surmise that things are not as you say they are.

herenow (357 posts) • -1

Peter99 wrote: "I might make a deal with u, and ask u to do something similarly stupid 'proof' and upload it so we stand even on this."

The situations are not the same.

You are making a dubious claim, i.e., of being in Greece, and I suggested a way for you to dispel the notion that you're peddling BS.

I am making no such claim, so that sort of exercise on my part would be meaningless.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

@herenow

Hehe, ok fair enough, i will accept that explantion. Ok, i take a photo one day, im actually at work, so its not the ouzeri life. But i go to monastiraki every ten days or so (from where parthenon is, seen), theres a great rooftop cafeteria, i (might) take a shot there one day for your highness. If temperatures soar fourty, this 'proof' project will wait.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • -2

I can prove I'm in Kunming cos I know Ian and Sandro didn't play at Diego's last week cos they were at Jeff's birthday party

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • +1

@cloud, you could gleam this information from any one of a dozen different places, this does not prove nor disprove your current local. I can say that I was at Jeff's birthday because Alice was there and they had beer. Prove me wrong!

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • 0

I have been watching NCIS: new Orleans, it stars Scott Bakula (Sam from quantum leap). It is enjoyable and I would recommend watching it.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.