GoKunming Forums

Recommendation for hospital

ClaudeShannon (9 posts) • 0

Requesting recommendations for hospital and/or physician in Kunming. I will probably need a hernia operation. I was stupid and racing someone on a football field(am 65) and stopped too fast. Any practical suggestions, advice, experiences appreciated.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -1

I see many old Chinese men trying to out do each other. They don't realize that one false move and it's to the hospital they go. Seriously!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -1

It wasn't meant to put you down. Where I live, there are these guys 65-75 that do pull-ups with such force that I cringe just looking at them. No warm ups. That's a good way to pull a muscle. I rather walk for a long time or run at a slow pace. My advice to all is remember your age and exercise according. What you were able to do when you were in your 20's is not the same when you hit your 50 and over. I hope you recover. Stay safe and healthy.

herenow (357 posts) • +1

I would call Grace Medical Services: www.gokunming.com/[...] Although they mostly handle primary care, they're a good place to start for non-urgent matters -- they can check you out and advise on how to proceed.

They were booked a week or two out when I called recently, so they may not be able to schedule you for a timely appointment. However, if you call and explain your situation to the receptionist, I believe they will let you speak briefly with a doctor who should be able to give you some basic advice and/or a referral.

Unfortunately, they won't reopen until Monday morning. If it's urgent, let me know in this thread -- I might be able to dig one of their doctors' number out of an old cellphone and PM it to you.

ClaudeShannon (9 posts) • 0

@herenow Definitely not urgent as this happened couple months ago - just put it off. Want to go with cloudtrapezer's assistance at this point but if I have additional concerns I will contact you. I appreciate your help immensely.

ClaudeShannon (9 posts) • -1

@Liumingke1234

No put-down received. But you reminded me, at 50 I ran a marathon and the fastest mile ever in my life - I would give anything to be back in that kind of shape - I just haven't accepted the limitations yet - I just gave up riding unicycle a few years ago but would jump back on if I had one today (and my wife would let me.)
Thank you for your well-wishes.

Related forum threads

Login to post