GoKunming Forums

Relaxing the requirements?

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

janjal, good points ... but i'm thinking there are other ways to make money than go through all these contortions here.

it's a law blog ... how is it conspiracy?

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

A law blog with rewards and been praised in Forbes among others. Not just some random 'conspiracy'.

For me it was enough reason to take a hike with 90% groundwater pollution. Just to mention one.

But its quite funny u guys still like it. :) Something humorous about it. Like watching Spinal Tap or something.

Ive been told im entertainment value here, so are u guys. :)

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

So where's the promised land Peter? The UK where the spivs are busy planning their getaway - to Europe of course. To America with a looney in charge and mad billionaires planning to move to Mars? A nice spot round the Mediterranean? Where you can paddle in the polluted water while refugees drown a couple of miles out. Maybe the real promised land where they use nurses and children for target practice? Do tell.

Ishmael (462 posts) • +1

I'm sure there's something to dolphin's linked post, but it sounds a bit hysterical to me. How often has any of what is mentioned there happened in Kunming? Many of my English-teacher friends gripe about this & that, ok, but isn't this guy (author of the article, not necessarily dolphin) going a bit over the top? Some of it I'm sure, but hey - put things in reasonable proportion?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I completely believe it's as bad as he says. There are those that suffer in silence. It's not like you can sue the school and win. There are many schools and training centers that want

you to create a lesson plan and submit it to them all for the purpose of stealing it and translating it in Chinese/English for their Chinese teachers. Then they fire the foreigner teachers. Teachers beware!

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

Liumingke, why do you completely believe this?
I repeat my first question above, primarily to English teachers here - a little balanced local empirical data, please.

As to 'stealing' lesson plans, why is this so bad? My impression is that foreign teachers are paid a hell of a lot better than local ones is this true? If better lesson plans can be shared due to (possibly, but not necessarily) better training and/or experience in better language-teaching environments, why is this so bad (I really am willing to be informed)?
Granted, it should all be above-board, and not lead to firing.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You must be on 'dope' or 'dog food' if you think there's nothing wrong with someone 'stealing' your ideas/lesson plans and making it their own. Doing this leads to less incentive to push one's creativity. Heck why use your brains when you can just copy someone else's work and call it your own. Some examples: Google/Baidu, ICQ/Wechat,Twitter/Weibo, etc. The list goes on and on. Of course not all school/training centers do this but I'm sure many do. I'm glad I'm not a teaching anymore. As I mention before, teaching is not a good profession to aspire to either in China or in the U.S.A.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

OK, less incentive due to simply copying, that makes sense. But there's also the possibility of teachers learning from teachers? Like I said, this should be above board.
What are foreign/local English-language teacher pay scales and requirements for class hours like?

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • +2

Gosh. Are there really teachers who keep their lesson plans secret? I know English teachers in China get a bad rep but I didn't think things had gone this far.

Related forum threads

Login to post