GoKunming Forums

Chinese driver's license

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

Does anyone know how to apply for one? Where to get the proper books if I have to take a test etc. I've seen a few ads now and then on gokunming, but they all seem like scams. Anyone got some good info?

Britta (12 posts) • 0

if you wanna pass the test, you'll have to go to a training school which ranges from 3000 to 4000 yuan, satisfaction guarenteed. they'll give you the books, the trainer, and the lisence.
they won't let you take the test before you get trained.
and I'm not sure if there's any English test papers so you'd better start learning Chinese. or you can have one of your Chinese friends there make a phone call to the office of transportation bureau to ask if the English test papers do exist.

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

Hmm ok, I heard last year that they have the test in about 10 different languages. It's done on a computer. But if there were no English version, then that's not a problem. After 3 years in China I can handle Chinese ok enough. I just want to know where to go :)

I'll try to contact the transportation bureau and see what they have to say. It should be enough just to take the test. I've never heard of any foreigner who had to undergo training.

Britta (12 posts) • 0

hmmm, probably cuz I'm Chinese then...
cuz like every friend of mine has to take the training class.

Anywho, good luck!

beizhan (37 posts) • 0

Hi Swedish Guy,
Here is my experience of 2 years ago when I took the test. You can do the test in English on a computer. In my case for the test I had to go to a new, big police station in the eastern part of Kunming. I think it was bus 148 (not sure anymore). A book to study is hard to come by. You can call Ten West school on Beijing Lu (next to Carrefour) 13759190098 for a class. He will explain to you in English the most important questions and you can study the book for as long as you want. He will also tell you what to bring for the test. I think I paid him about 500 RMB if I remember right. You can take the test twice in a row per day. If you fail, you just go back the next day. You need 90 point out of hundred. Some questions are quite strange though.....and the answers even more strange. But I hear that you can do the test also in the city somewhere...maybe somebody knows more about that... Good luck.

tim7175 (20 posts) • 0

I got my Chinese driver license two weeks ago from traffic control department of the public security organ. I only had to do medical and theory test because I have foreign driver license. If you don't have one you have to do it from scratch trough driving school. There is no short cut to a license.

Have electronic version of text book in English. Happy to share. My email address is info@mdc-foods.com

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

"There is no short cut to a license." I think you are forgetting the Chinese-guy-with-money short cut.

jason (9 posts) • 0

sorry but its timed out and so was hoping that someone could send me the elctronic version of the english driving test... please thanks jason

Related forum threads

Login to post