GoKunming Forums

Calling card from mobile phones

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

I use skype to call landlines in both Canada and USA.

Since most of my calls go to Canada I have a subscription that is so, so cheap.

My sister is 75 years old, disabled, and doesn't know how to use Skype, but I can call her landline.

No problem.

In the reverse, a few years back when I went to Canada I used Skype to call my wife's cell phone here in China.

I have Skype installed on my PC (use VPN to get the American version), iPad and iPhone and have used all of those to call landlines.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

You can use Skype or Viber on your mobile. Is it the quality of the call you're worried about?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I just want to deal with using a calling card. Anyway, thanks to everyone for your suggestion. I'm going with the card. When I order it and use it, I'll give an update how it was. Thanks again.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

I wonder if I could use a calling card to call mobiles in the UK. I've been using Skype but the calls to mobile phones are expensive. @Liumingke - let me know how you get on. The Taobao link oreven search term might be useful too.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@debaser
If you make a lot of calls to the UK it may be cheaper to get a subscription on Skype.

That would permit unlimited calling.

I made the call using this
h5.m.taobao.com/[...]

I was calling from my cell to her land line. The quality was as expected when using a cellphone. When you make the purchase they reply and send you

an 800 number and another number that allows you to call the number you want to connect to. I guess there are no sending cards these days.

I forgot to mention that when you order you have to give them which telephone number you will be calling from. I use my wife's cellphone. As far as I know, everything is in Chinese. There's no 'press 1 for English and 2 for Chinese. I could be wrong.

Related forum threads

Login to post