GoKunming Forums

Calling card from mobile phones

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

When I first came here in 2006, you were able to buy international calling cards. I use them at that time to call the USA. Does anyone know where to buy these cards or what methods are used now to call to the USA. The person I'm calling is elderly and DOESN'T use a computer(skype, wechat,etc.). She has a landline phone. Any help would be appreciated. If you have any links in Taobao, that could be useful too. Thanks.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

It was possible to have your mobile configured for international calls. That is done by your network.

It also was possible to use Skype to call the US. You need to deposit money with skype. I used it to call 800 numbers in the US as well as my Mom who was also elderly.

BTW Skype USA is quite different than Skype China. Good luck

@Geezer
Thanks. My wife says that she found some on Taobao. When I order it and use it, I will post an update. Thanks again.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

There's also Viber which is like Skype. You add credit and can call landlines and mobiles.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -1

She's 88 years old and disabled and blind in one eye. It has to be from phone to phone. No computer VOIP.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

hotel lobby will have landline and international calls open, but it comes at a price.

When me still livin in yunnan and when things just were too frustrating, like when vpn was stuck wrong time, i went down to and crossed to laokai where everything worked normally. That train was six hours to hekou. Damn it was fresh air cross that river.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Yeah it can.

@Liumingke1234, I'm not sure why you need "phone to phone", when "skype to phone" from you to the elderly person's phone in USA would be just as good from that elderly person's perspective.

Or do you also want to be able to receive calls from her phone to your phone in China?

I want to use my cellphone to call the landline phone like I did back in the day. I don't have to recieve calls.

Related forum threads

Login to post