GoKunming Forums

"One Belt One Road" and its role in Yunnan

YaXu5 (23 posts) • -1

Sometimes the best ways to lift backward ideologies from the mud is to plant lotus seeds where they may blossom into more enlightened lotus flowers. This is also the case for BRI in Pakistan.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

And sometimes flowers flourish in the mud so well, that they just hide the mud from the view. The mud remains, and in fact those flowers would not survive without the mud either.

And this in my opinion accurately describes China under economic growth.

YaXu5 (23 posts) • 0

In the case of lotus flowers, the mud is required during initial seedling process. Once matured, they are moved to/or flooded with water to form lotus flower ponds.

Visit Green Lake from March to June to witness entire process.

Every powerhouse hegemony or perceived civilized nation gave birth from mud.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

Yet the flowers in those ponds will die, and to keep the cycle of life alive, the mud keeps being required for every generation to come.

It is only when the species evolve to reproduce and survive without depending on the muddy soil, that it becomes unnecessary.

This development is not in sight in China. Quite the opposite in my opinion.

YaXu5 (23 posts) • +2

Yet it is this very cycle of proliferating seed pods and lotus roots that feed hungry mouths in developing nations.

Mud in this context is the foundation of life.

Muddy soil may be perceived dirty and foul by us, yet a blissful haven for most other species in wildlife.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

The mud in my context is the lack of civil rights and history of human right violations, without which China could not have, and probably still could not, sustain it's ever needed growth.

This I consider the sustained backward ideology, which you phrased in your initial comment.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

There are flowers that blossom in other soil and terrain conditions too, and often in much greater variation of species than the lotus ponds in Green Lake Park display.

Often without (or thanks to) no human intervention.

In some desert conditions, flowers may not bloom every year, but when they do it's a spectacle.

But each to their own. Perhaps it is that this kind of controlled muddy environment simply can not sustain more variation of flora. However we know, that variation is what life in general needs to survive.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

then there are mushrooms that flourish when you keep them in the dark and feed them .........

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Powerhouse hegemony? Is that really a goal worth pursuing?

Related forum threads

Login to post