GoKunming Forums

Airport bus 919

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

With Didi Che there is now an option to share a cab when you order it. If the cab is shared, the cost is much lower. Even if the cab is not shared, there is a small discount for taking the option.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -1

Cab to the metro might work too, and obviously a lot cheaper.

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Seems so illogical for us northsiders to have go south to the metro, in order to travel north to the airport. In so-called days of progress, it is a pity to lose services.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Now I'm more confused that ever.
The 919E bus from the north transit terminal doesn't run anymore.

Signs are all down too.

But...
For several days now I've seen the same white Airport Bus at the station and on the street.

There is still a desk with people to presumably collect fares or give information (I can see it from the kitchen window), but up close the bus signage is changed to #10 (and it's not the regular city bus #10).
Could some other company have taken over the buses and routes?

There is no English signage or people who speak English at the desk, and of course I can't read/speak Chinese.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@Alpage. If when you pass you ask them for a mingpian (business card) or a flyer, your wife could perhaps enquirer further with a phone call, in slow time.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +3

I thought I'd "take one for the team" who live in the north and try the subway route to the airport yesterday.

You should know that I live right next to the starting point of the now defunct 919E bus and a hundred other routes.
The first step of course was to get to Metro line 2.

That required lugging my heavy backpack (computer) and heavier suitcase across the road and up a step onto the bus - not an easy task when walking with a cane for balance.

Getting off the bus an LinYuQiao station was even more difficult since by this time people were blocking the doorway.
Getting a heavy suitcase up on to the conveyor of the xray machine is not easy, and nobody offered to assist.

It seemed a bit pointless since the person supposedly monitoring the screen was actually sleeping!
The transfer from Line 2 to Line 3 at Dongfeng Square was impossible.

There is only one elevator - and it goes UP!

There is no down elevator or escalator to line 3 that I could find, so if it exists it's well hidden.

Transferring to line 6 at the east coach station seemed a bit strange.

From what I could determine the two lines are at the same level, but it was necessary to go up to the main station, then back down on a different elevator.

In the end my time from home to airport was 90 minutes, compared to 65 minutes with the 919 bus that I miss so much.

The subway route could be acceptable for those with time to spare and little to carry, but if you've got heavy baggage - take a taxi.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

I live in the north too. When my wife went to Japan 2 months ago her friend picked us up from our 小区和谐世纪)so naturally I went to to the airport to see her off. Returning back alone was horrible too. It was the first time I've been to the airport.

All the changing and transferring. I wish they had a train stop at the bus terminal where I live. It makes sense.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -1

I find it very convenient, as is/was the 919 buses, but then I have few problems with things like escalators, stairs, changing trains and boarding buses. It would certainly be horrible if everyone was taking taxis to the airport. Allpage, how do you manage to get around Kunming?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@ishmael
To answer your question, most places I go in Kunming require a single bus from my door.

I rarely need the Metro at all.
I also don't travel around Kunming with a heavy suitcase in tow and even less frequently require the aid of a cane for a back injury.

For distances other than that my wife drives.

Related forum threads

Login to post